Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’ve been on the hunt for an I-Pace for awhile. With the current supply/demand situation, it’s been impossible to find a good deal compared to >9months ago when deals ($15-20k under MSRP) can be had. Do you think an I-Pace is worth the MSRP premium? It’s certainly a good looking car, but range could be better.... fortunately my daily commute is <35 miles round trip. Wanted to get a consensus before I make a decision.
In April 2021 I put a deposit down for a Mustang Mach E GT performance after test driving Tesla and Mustang. I wanted to test drive other performance EV’s however dealers did not have a vehicle to drive. A salesman for Jaguar stated they would not have a car to test drive until August but would give me a call when it arrived. As of Sept I still hadn’t received word that the Mustang was in production but did receive a call from Jaguar that they were receiving a I Pace. The next morning I test drove the 2022 I Pace and determined this car net all of my expectations as far as performance. The dealer stated that there was a small mark up of a couple thousand dollars On this vehicle. I stated that I would not nor ever pay over MSRP for a vehicle. I wound up purchasing for MSRP.
When I was shopping EV’s back in April some ford dealers were asking over MSRP for the Mach E’s due to limited stock. Ford stopped the dealers from doing so due to the manufacter’s need to be competitive in the EV market. I believe this to be the case of all manufacturers including Jaguar.
i love my new I Pace the luxury and performance exceeds my expectation. The 2022 models only come in HSE and price is reduced 10k plus $7500 tax credit.

·
Registered
38 Posts
In April 2021 I put a deposit down for a Mustang Mach E GT performance after test driving Tesla and Mustang. I wanted to test drive other performance EV’s however dealers did not have a vehicle to drive. A salesman for Jaguar stated they would not have a car to test drive until August but would give me a call when it arrived. As of Sept I still hadn’t received word that the Mustang was in production but did receive a call from Jaguar that they were receiving a I Pace. The next morning I test drove the 2022 I Pace and determined this car net all of my expectations as far as performance. The dealer stated that there was a small mark up of a couple thousand dollars On this vehicle. I stated that I would not nor ever pay over MSRP for a vehicle. I wound up purchasing for MSRP.
When I was shopping EV’s back in April some ford dealers were asking over MSRP for the Mach E’s due to limited stock. Ford stopped the dealers from doing so due to the manufacter’s need to be competitive in the EV market. I believe this to be the case of all manufacturers including Jaguar.
i love my new I Pace the luxury and performance exceeds my expectation. The 2022 models only come in HSE and price is reduced 10k plus $7500 tax credit.
We have a local Jag dealer that does not stock the I-Pace, so I asked about a factory order. Was told that I would need to pay more than MSRP if I wanted to order one.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Welcome to the club! What color did you get? In California, we got the $7500 credit and $750 clean air rebate. My local Ford dealership didn’t let me test drive the GT on the lot. I’m glad I went with the Jag!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I enquired at the dealer today about a new one. They said maybe delivery in 6-8 months but I would have to pay MSRP for it. But I could spec it out how I wanted. Tempted. But there are low mileage lightly used ones for significantly lower…

·
Administrator
2,771 Posts
I enquired at the dealer today about a new one. They said maybe delivery in 6-8 months but I would have to pay MSRP for it. But I could spec it out how I wanted. Tempted. But there are low mileage lightly used ones for significantly lower…
If you intend to buy a low mileage one, the one thing that matters is to have the battery inspected before you sign on the dotted line. It's a must. If that checks out (share your dealer's battery report here for feedback) I'd say go for it. The I-Pace is an amazing car when it's problem-free, and you want it to be problem-free.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Interestingly, out of the blue my dealer offered to buy my car since they have so little inventory. Straight up cash offer without requiring me to buy anything else. The number they indicated was certainly higher than what I would expect for a 3 year old electric luxury car but the problem is what to replace it with? There is nothing out there that compares to the iPace in the price range. Maybe Lucid or the Mercedes EQS would be as nice but the price tag would be significantly higher. Really disappointed with the new BMW’s design (or lack thereof). Teslas are too common and spartan looking on the inside with a bland exterior and fish face on the outside. The Mustang Mach E doesn’t excite me much and everyone else is still too far away from getting cars onto the sales floor although there seems to be lots of development coming from the Koreans, The F-150 Lightning might be nice but I would be looking at years before being able to get my hands on one as I am not on a waiting list of any kind. The Cybertruck checks the box for being unique but that too could take years before I could get one. Why oh why did Jaguar cancel the Electric XJ?

·
Registered
26 Posts
If you intend to buy a low mileage one, the one thing that matters is to have the battery inspected before you sign on the dotted line. It's a must. If that checks out (share your dealer's battery report here for feedback) I'd say go for it. The I-Pace is an amazing car when it's problem-free, and you want it to be problem-free.
lol. I’m the one that starting the Carvana thread. I was at the dealer getting an battery inspection on the used one I bought (with a return policy).

Thanks again for all the advice!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Interestingly, out of the blue my dealer offered to buy my car since they have so little inventory. Straight up cash offer without requiring me to buy anything else. The number they indicated was certainly higher than what I would expect for a 3 year old electric luxury car but the problem is what to replace it with? There is nothing out there that compares to the iPace in the price range. Maybe Lucid or the Mercedes EQS would be as nice but the price tag would be significantly higher. Really disappointed with the new BMW’s design (or lack thereof). Teslas are too common and spartan looking on the inside with a bland exterior and fish face on the outside. The Mustang Mach E doesn’t excite me much and everyone else is still too far away from getting cars onto the sales floor although there seems to be lots of development coming from the Koreans, The F-150 Lightning might be nice but I would be looking at years before being able to get my hands on one as I am not on a waiting list of any kind. The Cybertruck checks the box for being unique but that too could take years before I could get one. Why oh why did Jaguar cancel the Electric XJ?
Take it from me. I’ve been looking and nothing electric really caught my interest either. I looked at the Mach e GT, polestar, ID4. Wanted luxury and finish so didn’t go with Nissan or chevy either. I also don’t consider Teslas luxury. There were gas options such as a GLC43 or 2019+ Macan S. I would prolly end up getting a macan S if I got another ICE vehicle instead of the I pace.

Audi has options. The e tron is boring and slow to me, just not for me. My wife has a Q7 and want something different too. The new e tron S model in a sport back is very very cool. But is too pricey for my used I pace price range (I was comparing HSE and prestige trims). But if your looking a new i pace I would strongly consider the e tron S. The prices are similar. They also have a Q4 e tron that looks interesting. But that’s also not fast. The e tron GT looks boring in person. But maybe it’s just the black one I saw. That also more expensive than an I pace.

Mercedes looks promising and vehicles should be coming available I think. Doesn’t look like the EQC is coming to the US until 2025. At that point would get an electric macan.

I’m still a Porsche guy at heart I guess. The Taycan is sweet, but also not in the same class as an I pace.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts