Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
Thank for everyone’s input and lively discussion. We’re test driving an IPace (cold climate pack, ClearView, Adaptive suspension, 20” wheels) today being sold at MSRP for $78k before state and federal incentives. Do you think an IPace may be too small for two young kids under age of 3? We’re bringing our baby seat to the test drive to check. What’s a realistic range: summer - 225? winter no snow - 180miles?

Pacifica minivan is also nice too but I just can’t get on board... Practical side says save money and get minivan and wait for better EV. Wife also likes the IPace and agrees it’s a better looking car. Like you said, we’ll still have to get a minivan in the future. An all electric one would be sweet!

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Thank for everyone’s input and lively discussion. We’re test driving an IPace (cold climate pack, ClearView, Adaptive suspension, 20” wheels) today being sold at MSRP for $78k before state and federal incentives. Do you think an IPace may be too small for two young kids under age of 3? We’re bringing our baby seat to the test drive to check. What’s a realistic range: summer - 225? winter no snow - 180miles?

Pacifica minivan is also nice too but I just can’t get on board... Practical side says save money and get minivan and wait for better EV. Wife also likes the IPace and agrees it’s a better looking car. Like you said, we’ll still have to get a minivan in the future. An all electric one would be sweet!
DO IT!

·
Registered
2020 I-Pase HSE in Fuji White
67 Posts
The I-Pace can go neck to neck with the new Supra so it will be much more fun to drive, handles like a sports car, and is luxurious in form and function. That said don't change your lifestyle to buy this car. If it's affordable than why not.

·
Registered
2022 HSE, Santorini Black.
35 Posts
More food for thought. A friend who is a Corvette enthusiast says that people are spending $50-100k over MSRP to just get on a waiting list for one. I don’t think prices are going back to 2019 levels on any high-ticket item any time soon.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Respectfully the Pacifica and this are not in the same league so the comparison is not fair in my view.

I have two small kids, aged 7 and 3, both still in bulky super safe Diono car seats (that permanently live in the back seat). I also play goaltender in ice hockey, so there is still plenty of room for my massive kit bag and pads and what not.

any car - new or used - is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. In this case there arent really deals to be had due to supply.

I was not given the chance to negotiate on my CPO 19 FE when I had the crack, I could either say yes or no, that was it. I missed out on a previous opportunity because I sat around stewing too long.

This is by far the best car I've ever experienced and I'll never go back to ICE.

·
Registered
2020 I-Pase HSE in Fuji White
67 Posts
Verdict is in: we got the Portofino Blue I-Pace. Wife and I love it.
Congrats on your decision and new car purchase. I'm a little jealous. That is the color my wife wanted but we couldn't buy new because there aren't any ipace's in my state. We ended up with a 20 model with 3200 miles that was used by the owner of the Jaguar dealership. It's in Fuji white. We really wanted the blue or metallic white but I think the bright white with black tires, tinted windows, etc. will really pop.

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
787 Posts

Congrads on your purchase. You'll enjoy the car. Plenty of room for family with 2 kids. Mine are young adults and we still fit easily. OK, maybe the stroller, playpen and foldup crib won't all fit in, but they'll soon outgrow all that.
Not sure why a minivan is inevitable, unless you plan on transporting half the soccer team. You'll never find a minivan that drives as nicely as the I-Pace (and I'm not focusing on the acceleration, but the overall driving experience of comfort, handling, and, yes, torque when you need it).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Thanks everyone! Wife enjoyed the test drive and our 2 year old didn’t cry and said “nice” when asked what he thought about the car. That just sealed the deal for us. We had the option of either a Black or Portofino Blue with black pack and glad we went with the latter. This car is a huge upgrade from our 2007 family car. Still trying to figure out how everything works. Excited to officially join the forum!

21 - 40 of 48 Posts