Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
The supply situation will not likely be better over the next year. Maybe 2-4 years. It's a chip production problem that was years in the making, and the pandemic just brought it all crashing down. Stupid car companies running old chips and just assuming they'd be produced forever in sufficient volumes.

I like the ipace, but I'm biased. I could not make myself get a Pacifica. Not only is it giving up on life to get a minivan, it also isn't an EV.

How hard is it to get a Polestar now?

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Thank for everyone’s input and lively discussion. We’re test driving an IPace (cold climate pack, ClearView, Adaptive suspension, 20” wheels) today being sold at MSRP for $78k before state and federal incentives. Do you think an IPace may be too small for two young kids under age of 3? We’re bringing our baby seat to the test drive to check. What’s a realistic range: summer - 225? winter no snow - 180miles?

Pacifica minivan is also nice too but I just can’t get on board... Practical side says save money and get minivan and wait for better EV. Wife also likes the IPace and agrees it’s a better looking car. Like you said, we’ll still have to get a minivan in the future. An all electric one would be sweet!
DO IT!

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Interestingly enough the Mach e cannot fit a goalie stick in the rear cargo area and that how it fell off my list.
Wait... you're not Canadian?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts