Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2020 I-PACE SE w/ 22" F-PACE Wheels
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I previously had a job that allowed me to expense an annual Topix subscrption, but that is unfortunately no longer the case. I most definitely miss having it's contents at my fingertips. I'm curious if anyone has access that they'd be willing to share (at a price)? Or if there is sufficient interest, I'd be open to setting up a shared login with enough contributors. An annual model subscription is $1,393, and an annual model subscription for a single year is $668. The contents are shared across most years (unless you have a 2022+, then the infotainment is different). Topix is great, but the price is geared towards independent shops that are recognizing revenue off the subscription. Pretty hard to justify the price as an enthusiast who just wants to stay apprised of common issues and updates.

·
Administrator
3,125 Posts
That's an interesting proposal. What sorts of things did you look up typically?
If we get seven people together for a 2020 subscription (i.e., <$100 per year) I'd be interested. 2019s could presumably be served by that as well.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Do we need a full year subscription? I paid twice a full day subscription for my own usage. But I agree that if we have a few interested folks that will share the cost, we can have a full year access for the same price as a couple of individual days.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've purchased the full day and hourly on many occassions before. It's just nice to have unfettered access. Back when I had a full subscription, I would login fairly regular to see what new bulletins had been posted, and to also check for new release notes for InControl/TCU/BECS.

@jsimon7777 There's a lot in here, including workshop manuals. Elaborate on "coding" though?

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
If you have the right hardware and software, you can control the computers on the car, reprogram keys, modify features, and similar.

·
Administrator
3,125 Posts
If you have the right hardware and software, you can control the computers on the car, reprogram keys, modify features, and similar.
I think it's unlikely that Topix will have information on how to change coding, but could be wrong.

Even if it had the information, you'd have to have OBD access with the right tool to execute the coding change.

Can one activate the matrix lighting?
Which answers this question. However, if Topix does have 'coding' information I would be even more interested in participating in a group buy because maybe we can make some things work.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Interesting idea. I paid a one hour single VIN subscription, it was 15£. For one hour, yes... and I didn't see the recall the reseller applied (battery control software update).

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I think it's unlikely that Topix will have information on how to change coding, but could be wrong.

Even if it had the information, you'd have to have OBD access with the right tool to execute the coding change.
Jaguar has to give access to the vehicle's computers. I'm not sure if Topix is a glorified shop manual, has limited access to vehicle changes, or allows full coding with the proper and expensive hardware.

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
1,940 Posts
When I looked through TOPIx, there was nothing about coding for all of the modules. All of that is handled via the guided menu process in Pathfinder/TOPIx Cloud. Pathfinder is "PC" based software that requires a very expensive subscription of its own, and interfacing hardware. TOPIx Cloud is always current software run from the cloud services (eg. browser interface) instead of having to download and update a local "PC" for the latest. It also requires the interfacing hardware to the car.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Alright, I'm going to target a USA 2020 model year 1 year subscription for under $100. If interested, please send me a PM with your email address. If/when we cross 6 other people in addition to myself, I'll confirm with each of you, buy the subscription, and share the credentials. FYI @Ayepace @jsimon7777 @pcst @Pollo de muerte @sciencegeek @dernotte

The one caveat here is that I'm not sure how Topix handles multiple logins. I can login with two separate browser sessions without issue; not sure if there might be a higher limit. Also not sure if they might shut-down account sharing, though I'd be rather impressed if they had that level of sophistication. Just want to highlight that if that does happen, I can't be out on the limb for refunds.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Would this apply to 2022 models?

I would assume this is more for 2019-20 models?
The cars are very similar, but any equipment differences wouldn't be reflected (e.g. you'd see InControl Touch Pro documentation instead of Pivi Pro, although broader Pivi update bulletins are periodically published and accessible).

·
Registered
732 Posts
The cars are very similar, but any equipment differences wouldn't be reflected (e.g. you'd see InControl Touch Pro documentation instead of Pivi Pro, although broader Pivi update bulletins are periodically published and accessible).
i guess I’m not sure what advantages it would be for me to have a 2019-20 subscription. I wouldn’t want to add another model year for $725.

maybe if others with a 2022 are interested? Not that many of us on these forums though!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i guess I’m not sure what advantages it would be for me to have a 2019-20 subscription. I wouldn’t want to add another model year for $725.

maybe if others with a 2022 are interested? Not that many of us on these forums though!
Most of the systems of the car are shared, so you'd see all the diagrams, workshop manuals, etc. And for technical bulletins and the like that are shared between years, you'd also have access to those.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts