Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I believe what you're experiencing is binding. Unless I interpreted the video incorrectly, it seems that it shudders when you're not going straight. The differentials are binding, preventing the wheels from going at different speeds when you're turning a corner. It 'felt' exactly like my Touareg when it decides to keep the differentials locked (randomly).
Exactly what I saw also, when on a turn; but still that is VERY scary!

·
Registered
44 Posts
After this issue happened to me 3rd time I decided to give the car to the service.
They found a lot of errors codes, but didn't really now what to do with them. They pretty much just cleared the error codes and did updates of all the modules. The most interesting error code found was P061B-22. Not sure what it stands for, but it is for PCM and was logged 3 times, exactly the number I had the issue and car would not drive.
But again, they didn't know what to do with it and just cleared it. I'm pretty sure that problem is not fixed and will happen to me again.

What's more frustrating is that after they gave me the car back it suffers a serious phantom drain. Before the service I could leave the car in a garage for a week and lose maybe 1 percent. Currently I'm loosing 5-6% a day.

·
Super Moderator
2,350 Posts
After this issue happened to me 3rd time I decided to give the car to the service.
They found a lot of errors codes, but didn't really now what to do with them. They pretty much just cleared the error codes and did updates of all the modules. The most interesting error code found was P061B-22. Not sure what it stands for, but it is for PCM and was logged 3 times, exactly the number I had the issue and car would not drive.
But again, they didn't know what to do with it and just cleared it. I'm pretty sure that problem is not fixed and will happen to me again.

What's more frustrating is that after they gave me the car back it suffers a serious phantom drain. Before the service I could leave the car in a garage for a week and lose maybe 1 percent. Currently I'm loosing 5-6% a day.
Ooops I meant to press "reply" and not "like". 'cause that's not something I would like. That's the most phantom drain I've ever heard about. Awful. I'd go back to the dealer, like it or not.

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
903 Posts
That's a power control module fault code for when the torque provided doesn't match what is expected for the driver's request (go pedal position).

The cure for this is a programming update for the Evoque and Discovery Sport.

Combined with a phantom drain, you've probably got a faulty hardware module or the updates didn't all work.

·
Registered
44 Posts
The cure for this is a programming update for the Evoque and Discovery Sport.
https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2019/MC-10167308-0001.pdf
That's interesting. I don't think they found this bulletin as they specifically wrote in the service report that they didn't find any recommended actions for this error code. Possibly because it's a different model. They did however run some updates anyway. I'll ask was ECU also updated when I'm back with a phantom drain.
Thanks!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Good news! I was able to fix the issue without visit to the dealership (which is 3 hours of driving for 2 round trips).
The problem was that service did not connect everything back during last visit, including a small 2-pin connector close to the '-' on a 12V battery. I connected this back and the drainage stopped.
Not sure what this connector does, but without it being attached not everything was powering off, which for example caused the hazard light switch to be always illuminated. Now the switch turns off after a couple minutes.
As a side note, when I got the car back the rear seat was also not assembled and had some loose parts on it. This shows that whoever was working on the car didn't pay enough attention to it. This makes me feel a bit uneasy. I hope there is nothing else, deeper in the car not attached properly.

I healed the kitty. My wife calls me vet now ;)

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
903 Posts
That little connector attaches to the little control module that reports the 12V battery state of charge to the PCM and gateway modules involved in ensuring the 12V battery has a proper charge. Without knowing that, it appears it assumed the 12V battery doesn't have sufficient charge and took action to make everything work by using the traction battery in its place. Thus the drainage.

They must have been under the back seat for accessing fuses (most likely) or the main cutoff switch for the traction battery.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts