Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have trouble to set tailgate height. It worked once but now I have trouble to adjust to a new height. When press and hold tailgate close button, it just closes the gate. I have tried to set many times and finally give up. Any trick to make it work?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2019 I-Pace HSE - Borasco Grey
205 Posts
If you are trying to set a new position that is lower, press the open tailgate button from a closed position, then press the button once to stop it where you want it. You can then manually move it up and down if not quite in the right spot. Then you have to wait at least 3 seconds before touching the button again. Then press and hold until you hear a long tone.

If you are trying to set a new position that is higher than the one currently programmed, after it stops, push it farther up manually until it is in the desired position. As before, wait at least three seconds, then press and hold until you hear a long beep.

I'm guessing you are not doing either the 3 second wait or not pressing until you hear the long tone.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I did exactly that but when doing the last step of pressing and holding, the gate just closes. Maybe my understanding of press and hold is wrong but press and hold meas press and keeping press, right?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you pressing and holding the button on the inside bottom edge of the tailgate or some other one? Otherwise that sounds correct.
Thank you so much. I used the button on the key and that is why. The thing is I did it once before correctly. I wish the handbook has stated it clearly that the button on the gate must be the one to use in the last step as there are different buttons to open and closed the gate. Hopefully, this conversation will help others not making the same stupid mistake as I did. That is why I love this forum. Thanks again.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I had no idea this was even possible! I park my car in a small garage in winter (BARELY fits) and the hatch hits the garage door when it opens, I always had to try to follow the door with my hand to hit the button just at the right second to stop it. More often than not, bang into the door. II had put padding on the door on the spot my old Lexus used to hit it. I'll try to remember this in the fall. The Kayaks live in the garage in the summer.
Thanks!

·
Registered
Mazda RX-8
316 Posts
Wow, cool! I have another selling point for my wife! She has pads on the garage door for that very reason for her Audi Q5. I wonder if the Q5 has that feature? :unsure:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts