Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there independent fan speed controls for driver and front passenger, or is it just one speed for both sides? I think all the videos I’ve seen have just shown fan speed being adjusted with the left knob, so I’m guessing that controls both, but I’d love to be wrong. Thanks for any info!

·
Registered
35 Posts
There is physically only one fan in the I-Pace. So changing speed of fan, if would affect all zones. However please keep in mind, that Climate system is controlling amount of air being blown to each zone/seat also by opening/closing flaps.

By the way...
You can have multiple levels of AUTO climate (this is generic to ALL cars, not only Jaguar):
Full AUTO (controlling temp, fan speed and direction of air distribution, A/C is ON)
Semi AUTO (either fan speed or direction is selected by user or A/C is OFF) - system is trying to use the other factors to manage pre-set temp
Mostly manual (fan speed and direction are set by user, A/C is switched OFF) - system is trying to maintain set temperature by just switching ON or OFF heater.

In fact you can not go to full manual...

·
Registered
2 Posts
In this photo from an article in Ars Technica it shows that the passenger side can choose the fan speed, too:
https://images.hgmsites.net/lrg/2019-jaguar-i-pace_100654942_l.jpg

In my I-Pace I've noticed it appear and disappear, supposedly at random, I can't quite figure out how to 'Summon' it.
I've been at the garage last week to have the software updated and asked about this, they said they don't know of the option of separate fan speeds...

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
In this photo from an article in Ars Technica it shows that the passenger side can choose the fan speed, too:
https://images.hgmsites.net/lrg/2019-jaguar-i-pace_100654942_l.jpg

In my I-Pace I've noticed it appear and disappear, supposedly at random, I can't quite figure out how to 'Summon' it.
I've been at the garage last week to have the software updated and asked about this, they said they don't know of the option of separate fan speeds...
I've only had my I-Pace about 1.5 weeks, but only the driver side HVAC dial has the fan option. The passenger dial only has an icon for seat heating and cooling.

Perhaps it is different if you have 4 zone (upgraded climate pkg)? But, super strange the yours appears and disappears. That makes me nervous and scared, LOL.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts