Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I'm trying to send directions from my app to the car but can't really figure out how this works? Maybe someone can jump in and have some suggestions? I feel the car's software is not that intuitive.

Ck

·
Registered
816 Posts
Hello all,

I'm trying to send directions from my app to the car but can't really figure out how this works? Maybe someone can jump in and have some suggestions? I feel the car's software is not that intuitive.

Ck
CK, I've never been able to send a destination from the phone app in the 2 years I've owned the I-Pace. Perhaps the developers assumed the driver would use the phone to navigate? I have good success with the online route planner on the computer.

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
1,208 Posts
Via web browser (not the phone app):

Go to jaguar.here.com
Sign in
Click on Route Planner in upper banner
Plan route
Click "SET DESTINATION"
That will turn into a green check mark next to the word SYNCED

In car actions:
  • Power up and wait for Navigation to initialize
  • Select the navigation
  • Sign in if it isn't already automatically signing in
  • Wait for the connection to establish and information exchanged. This can take a minute or two or three.
  • It will prompt with notification of a synced route and you get to choose Ignore or Use Now
If you ignore, you can later
  • Press the lower 6 box in a circle symbol (lower left)
  • Press "your destinations"
  • Press the circle of arrows (upper right)
  • Syncing will take place
  • Go back to where you see "Recent Destinations"
  • Touch the destination of the new route. It will be among the choices (probably first one)
  • Touch that box and you get the plotted route to start.
I haven't used the phone app either. It is easier to plot a route on a larger screen device or directly plot in the navigation.

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
1,208 Posts
I downloaded and used the app to plot a simple route. After plotting, touch the "Save".
After that, see the in-car instructions above.

This time I didn't touch the circular syncing arrows. It still download the route into the "recent destinations".

·
Registered
351 Posts
Played with app on my Android phone. Worked. I did have to connect the car to my mobile hot spot as I don't pay for ongoing internet connectivity after the initial 3 month trial. The route showed up as a new destination in navigation. Nice to know it works though Android Auto does the same function.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts