Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does "Drive on right" mean that you sit on the right side of the car to drive or that you drive on the right side of the road? A simple LHD or RHD would be less confusing. I'm also curious if anyone knows what this really does to the setup.

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
1,147 Posts
Subtle changes to the headleds (nee headlights). A LHD vehicle has lights aimed (illuminated) slightly to the right and RHD slightly to the left. If affects how the lights are perceived by on-coming traffic.
I-guide reads "Select...for the driving side of the road."

There is also a note that vehicles fitted with navigation, for each electrical system cycle, the hand of traffic resets according to the region.

It also depends "on the type of headlight fitted."

Example: This is useful for a vehicle normally in England to adjust for driving in France or vice versa.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Subtle changes to the headleds (nee headlights). A LHD vehicle has lights aimed (illuminated) slightly to the right and RHD slightly to the left. If affects how the lights are perceived by on-coming traffic.
I-guide reads "Select...for the driving side of the road."

There is also a note that vehicles fitted with navigation, for each electrical system cycle, the hand of traffic resets according to the region.

It also depends "on the type of headlight fitted."

Example: This is useful for a vehicle normally in England to adjust for driving in France or vice versa.
Thanks for the info. I believe my car was set incorrectly when I received it. So if I read you correctly, I should select drive on right for USA since I normally drive on the right. I've spent some time on the left lately blowing past cars on two lane blacktop. It's hard not to with all that HP/Torque :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thanks for the info. I believe my car was set incorrectly when I received it. So if I read you correctly, I should select drive on right for USA since I normally drive on the right. I've spent some time on the left lately blowing past cars on two lane blacktop. It's hard not to with all that HP/Torque :)
I got confused by this menu as well, but yes, you need to select drive on right in the US :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts