Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
And then there is this COMMUTE option in the Navigation that is not the same as Route Guidance. It seems to be determined by the everyday commute that one travels. When selected, it presents itself as a blue line in the maps screen on the instrument panel or on the center navigation screen. I tried asking voice command once to cancel route guidance, but the system says route guidance is not active.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Do you find the Commute option in Navigation to be useful?
Right now I generally keep the Map active and look ahead for traffic problems. I'm assuming that Commute will then automatically see traffic problems and give you an option to take an alternate route. I don't use Waze or Google except for planned navigation and have found the Navi system, Waze and Google all offer rerouting options for traffic interruptions. I have had my wife check the Navigation against Google on a few trips and got the same alternate guidance.

Would be good to hear your experience, but I'll give it a try as well and will turn it off if it creates too much noise. I definitely don't want to turn on navigation each day for my commute as I don't need the voice turn by turn, but would like to get notification to take alternate routes.
I find the traffic incidents along the COMMUTE route useful. The thing about COMMUTE is, it doesn't actually give you voice prompts like Route Guidance. So it's really not intrusive.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.