Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2019 EV400 First Edition
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help me understand why my expectations of how seat memory should work in a high-end luxury vehicle are not being met. Sure you can easily program three positions for each profile in use. What I am talking about is the intelligent operations upon entry and exit of the vehicle. I expect that shut down of the car would automatically put the seat position in an easy exit position meaning lowering the car height (assuming you have that option) and seat away from steering wheel and down. When entering the car, the seat should be in that lowered position and only after you are seated and turn on the vehicle should it return to the nominal driving position. To me memorized position one is the driving condition and memorized position two is the exit position. This is not what happens?

I thought I read somewhere that an active Profile learns your habits which to me means if I pick a memorized seat portion before shutting down the car and then pick a memorized seat position when starting the car, it would learn I might want to do just that each time I exit/enter the vehicle.

What am I missing here? Granted I have only had the car for two weeks but I am still puzzled by this type of operation. My previous car (Acura TLX) had no issued understanding the mode of seat operation and it was extremely convenient.

Any thoughts out there?

·
Registered
848 Posts
Jeff, the car does not have this feature. Memory 1 & 2 are for two different driver's positions. The car's seat will neither move back or forward or lower or raise upon entry or exit. My wife's ES300h does this, but not the I-Pace.

·
Registered
109 Posts
As a compromise you could program Memory 3 as your relaxed exit position.

Press button 3 to exit & Press button 1 or 2 on entry (y)

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
900 Posts
The car does have the ability to restore the desired seating position for the driver. However, it starts restoring that position as soon as you open the driver door. It does not wait for the driver to be seated.

My sequence:
I'm sitting in the seat, have a profile set, and power off the car. It notes the seat position.
I have position 3 has the down and back position. I press 3 at that point and after the seat stops moving I exit the car.
The next time I enter the car, the seat moves to the remembered position. This movement starts as soon as I open the door.

Yes, it would be nicer to behave as you describe which I have in my Range Rover (plus its moving steering column).

·
Premium Member
2019 EV400 First Edition
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After many trial and error scenarios, here is my workaround to achieve the goal of a seat in the entry/exit position when unlocking and in drive position when driving. I hated the seat moving when I opened the car! The trick is to UNFASTEN your seat belt BEFORE pushing the seat memory button for entry/exit when finished with driving. After entering vehicle and turning on ignition simply push seat memory for driving position. I turn on ignition first when entering and turn it off after placing the seat into entry/exit position. Wish it could simply learn this behavior but somebody forget to consider this when designing the car. By the way, while I can turn off learning mode for a profile, it is ALWAYS back on when using the car again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts