Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My X5 and 7 Series plug ins would let you set a time for the cabin conditioning to begin, via the main screen (Infotainment). This way you do not have to worry about forgetting to do it, or most likely....the app not working or communicating with the car.

It is in our I-Pace manual, and I have tried to do it several times...but I cannot get the Jag to allow me to set a precondition time.

Anyone else? Help, tips much appreciated. Happy Monday.

Let's hope today is better. Yesterday, NOAA confirmed we broke a record: 121F (49.4C) here; combined with our smoke and ash filled sky from fires everywhere....it is terrible here :( I hope my I-Pace family if fairing better everywhere else!!

·
Premium Member
2020 Jaguar I-Pace HSE
85 Posts
I’ve never had any trouble setting a schedule for pre-conditioning using the main display screen in the car. I’ve done this a few times, and I suspect that I’ll use this function more regularly in the colder months. Unfortunately It can’t be done using the app, but as I recall the schedule can be viewed in the app. Where are you having trouble? Are you not able to get to the schedule screen, or is it not accepting your request?

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’ve never had any trouble setting a schedule for pre-conditioning using the main display screen in the car. I’ve done this a few times, and I suspect that I’ll use this function more regularly in the colder months. Unfortunately It can’t be done using the app, but as I recall the schedule can be viewed in the app. Where are you having trouble? Are you not able to get to the schedule screen, or is it not accepting your request?
It does not allow me to even see times to choose from or to set. Finding the screen too...not always there.

@Dennis C ..if you have a few spare mins today, could you post on this thread exactly how you find the precondition schedule & exactly how you set a time and save it. Is the car running, in ACC mode? Do you set the time before or after you drive to your destination.... Step, by Step and no details spared :D THANK YOU...

·
Premium Member
2019 I-Pace HSE - Borasco Grey
205 Posts
FYI. The iPhone of the version does allow setting a preconditioning time. For whatever odd reason, the Android one does not.

On the iPhone, from the main screen, tap the "Range" entry. At the bottom of the screen under the charge level info is a "Schedules" popup where you can set a departure time. I haven't used this in months now but before we switched to working from home I would set it sometimes in the mornings before my commute to the office.

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FYI. The iPhone of the version does allow setting a preconditioning time. For whatever odd reason, the Android one does not.

On the iPhone, from the main screen, tap the "Range" entry. At the bottom of the screen under the charge level info is a "Schedules" popup where you can set a departure time. I haven't used this in months now but before we switched to working from home I would set it sometimes in the mornings before my commute to the office.
Will this work for setting a time for cooling or heating the car, if you are not plugged in? I just want to get to my destination and then set a time for the car to start cooling itself, and I don't have to remember to use the app, that may or may not work. @Dennis C says it can be done via the main screen, and it is in the manual...but it will not work in my 2020.

·
Premium Member
2019 I-Pace HSE - Borasco Grey
205 Posts
Will this work for setting a time for cooling or heating the car, if you are not plugged in? I just want to get to my destination and then set a time for the car to start cooling itself, and I don't have to remember to use the app, that may or may not work. @Dennis C says it can be done via the main screen, and it is in the manual...but it will not work in my 2020.
Sorry for adding to the confusion. I've never tried it when the car is not plugged in, and even then I've found in unreliable from the phone app. I certainly should have mentioned that.

·
Premium Member
2020 Jaguar I-Pace HSE
85 Posts
It works when the car isn't plugged into the charger. My wife uses it to precondition the car before she leaves work, so it's nice and cool inside and ready to go when she gets there.

I just walked out to my car and set up pre-conditioning for tomorrow morning. We have an early appointment, and so we will be leaving the house at 5:15. From the home screen, swipe right once and you'll see the Vehicle Precondition button at the top of the screen. Press that, and you'll see the Vehicle Preconditioning screen, which you can tap to add a departure time. Tap the screen, and you'll be taken to a screen that allows you to enter the time, the days, etc. Once you confirm that, you will be taken back to the Vehicle Preconditioning screen, and you'll see a green dot on the schedule for your chosen time.

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
THANK YOU. THANK YOU Dennis C. I will try this NOW :) Your time is so appreciated. This Forum/you rock!!!!! 🍻

·
Premium Member
2020 Jaguar I-Pace HSE
85 Posts
Hope it works for you. We'll need it tomorrow to warm up the car. We are expecting 8 - 14 inches of snow tonight, and I don't expect the temperature to get above 30 tomorrow. So much for nice fall weather!

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@Dennis C Perfect!! I followed your instructions, and I now have Preconditioning too. So appreciated!! I wish I knew this 8 months ago!!! :D

SNOW? 30F? It was a confirmed 121F here yesterday. Yes, you read that right...121F. Saturday was 117F and today is a cool 100-102F with hot winds and fire smoke and ash everywhere from our lovely CA wildfires. I'm assuming you are in Colorado? Lucky Dennis!!!

·
Premium Member
2020 Jaguar I-Pace HSE
85 Posts
We have had horrible wildfires this year, and there are 4 big ones still burning in Colorado as we speak. It's so smoky here that you can hardly go outside and there's white ash coming down. The firefighters are hopeful that we will extinguish some of it with the snow. This has been a crazy year. In June, we had a wildfire so close that you could see it form our house.

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
We have had horrible wildfires this year, and there are 4 big ones still burning in Colorado as we speak. It's so smoky here that you can hardly go outside and there's white ash coming down. The firefighters are hopeful that we will extinguish some of it with the snow. This has been a crazy year. In June, we had a wildfire so close that you could see it form our house.
Oh no. We have been planning on leaving So. California (hopefully sooner than later), and Colorado is on our list with Couer d'Alene Idaho, Scottsdale AZ, Bozeman MT or maybe Austin TX. So sorry to hear about your fires too!! CA has been on fire for years now too :(

The Woolsey Fire we had in Nov. 2018 we lost 50 homes in our neighborhood alone, including a good friend just about 6 houses down. We were evacuated for over a week, then no power once returned for days and many with no water or gas. Awful!

·
Premium Member
2020 Jaguar I-Pace HSE
85 Posts
We have Californians moving into Colorado every day. I hope that the policies and laws that have hurt cities like San Francisco and Los Angeles so badly don’t become reality here. I used to love visiting San Francisco. I have no interest in visiting now.

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
456 Posts
We have Californians moving into Colorado every day. I hope that the policies and laws that have hurt cities like San Francisco and Los Angeles so badly don’t become reality here. I used to love visiting San Francisco. I have no interest in visiting now.
"Eagles - Last Resort" springs to mind following this thread.

·
Registered
776 Posts
If I could give this post 5 likes I would. That's the problem that's really concerning. People leave states where the policies are so atrocious, they feel their quality of life has been affected. But they then move to other states and vote for the same programs, policies & like-minded politicians that caused the decay in the first place in the states they left!

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Deutsch, seems to be a lot of people leaving California as well as my state of NY. My wife and I often ask ourselves why we stay. These states are so mismanaged.
CA and NY are so disgustingly mismanaged it makes my head spin!! NYC has had a mass exodus, like So. California. What is amazing to me is all the free hotels, free drugs and alcohol for the transients/homeless/let out of jail early are paid for by taxes. With CA and NY driving so many away....how will their pet projects keep getting funded w/o taxpayers?! Insanity!!!!

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
This is what we hope too. I keep telling people....if you leave CA, NY, OR, WA because of policies and elected officials you despise, you CANNOT move to another state and then begin to elect officials that support the same sh*t that caused you to move!!! Insanity!!

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If I could give this post 5 likes I would. That's the problem that's really concerning. People leave states where the policies are so atrocious, they feel their quality of life has been affected. But they then move to other states and vote for the same programs, policies & like-minded politicians that caused the decay in the first place in the states they left!
THIS POST IS EVERYTHING. Thank you @Ken This needs to go viral as a don't leave your cr*p state and move to another state and do the same cr*p things to the new state PSA!!!!

·
Registered
776 Posts
CA and NY are so disgustingly mismanaged it makes my head spin!! NYC has had a mass exodus, like So. California. What is amazing to me is all the free hotels, free drugs and alcohol for the transients/homeless/let out of jail early are paid for by taxes. With CA and NY driving so many away....how will their pet projects keep getting funded w/o taxpayers?! Insanity!!!!
THIS!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts