Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I am a new IPace (2021) owner for about 3 weeks now and I tried to schedule a departure for the first time.
Yesterday I set a departure time (in the car since the app wouldn't work) of 08:00 this morning, the starting SOC was 60%. I have an 11 kW charger so
it should take about 4 hours to charge from 60 to 100%. As soon as I connected the cable it started to charge, this was at 20:00
yesterday.
I understood that the car should only start to charge, in this case, about 4 hours before departure?
Do you have to define a preferred charging period in addition to the departure time to get it to charge to 100%
at the set departure time and precondition the cabin and battery?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Effectively it doesn't work at all well if you try to use timed charge and scheduled departure

To work well you need to get the charger to handle the timed charging the car implementation is almost always crap

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Effectively it doesn't work at all well if you try to use timed charge and scheduled departure

To work well you need to get the charger to handle the timed charging the car implementation is almost always crap
If you don't select timed charge, shouldn't it just start at the appropriate time before your departure based on your available charging rate to reach 100% at the departure time?

·
Registered
154 Posts
If you don't select timed charge, shouldn't it just start at the appropriate time before your departure based on your available charging rate to reach 100% at the departure time?
Doesn't seem to this is well covered over at the other forum. Basically you can set it to warm up the interior whilst disconnected and it works well but the minute you plug it in then it doesn't seem to work in the way you expect it only conditions the battery of it is able to charge.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I don't think so. If you don't have a Preferred Charging Time or if it is set to off, it will charge right away when you plug in, no matter what departure time you have set.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Doesn't seem to this is well covered over at the other forum. Basically you can set it to warm up the interior whilst disconnected and it works well but the minute you plug it in then it doesn't seem to work in the way you expect it only conditions the battery of it is able to charge.
I think the UK forum had a pointer to a video from "Abu Dhabi Dude" (I think it was this one?) that explained it. My understanding is that the car will try to get to 100% charge by your next departure, or ASAP if it doesn't know your next departure. If you have preferred hours it will try to stick to them, but it prioritizes the 100% charge. If there are no preferred charging hours, I believe the car will start charging immediately...which seems reasonable to me. Why wait, if all charging hours are the same?

If it knows your departure time, it will also precondition.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts