Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

121 - 139 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
I knew for a fact I didn't have the update yet as soon as I read your post I ran out to my car and tried for the 42nd time 😂
I gave up on it too, but last night I went to update the maps (which is always easy), so I figured I would try to see if there is an update and here was

·
Registered
66 Posts
I had held off on the S20B update after reading some issues on the UK forum and that they mentioned a quick fix was right around the corner. When I saw reports of S20B1 being available I went ahead last week and allowed it to update to S20B and after shutdown, lock, start back up it prompted that it was installed but instantly showed S20B1 was available to download. No dealer interaction required.

Now the UK forum is talking about Telematics 19.2 possibly being SOTA and being available soon.

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
678 Posts
I had held off on the S20B update after reading some issues on the UK forum and that they mentioned a quick fix was right around the corner. When I saw reports of S20B1 being available I went ahead last week and allowed it to update to S20B and after shutdown, lock, start back up it prompted that it was installed but instantly showed S20B1 was available to download. No dealer interaction required.

Now the UK forum is talking about Telematics 19.2 possibly being SOTA and being available soon.
19.2 SOTA? My new 2020 is still on 16.2, whereas my 2019 came with 18.2

I have asked my dealer 2x now if 18.2 Telematics can be sent SOTA. No response. Do we really think 19.2 can be SOTA? Wow, that would be awesome.

·
Registered
66 Posts
19.2 SOTA? My new 2020 is still on 16.2, whereas my 2019 came with 18.2

I have asked my dealer 2x now if 18.2 Telematics can be sent SOTA. No response. Do we really think 19.2 can be SOTA? Wow, that would be awesome.
I don't know exactly which version I'm on since my screen never shows the version number but I believe its either 16.2 or 17.2 as my dealer had updated it at some point, and prior to update it showed 14.2 if my memory serves me right.

I'm pretty sure one of the dealer updates enabled more systems to be updated over the air including Telematics, so it should work when Jaguar is ready to deploy it. My guess is they are more confident that they haven't bricked anyones car with the infotainment updates so they are willing to start SOTA Telematics next.

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Hope springs eternal! Updated to S20B1 in my I-Pace back at the end of May and only today did it arrive for my Velar. It appears the UK Velar forum is lighting up with them updating to S20B1 in the last few days. No one has seen any dramatic differences. Now the question still remains why there are a few unable to get SOTA?

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
826 Posts
There's a posting on the UK site where a driver was having difficulty with the phone app not working. Dealership updated TCU to 19.2, reset everything and that fixed it.

The post:
"Fixed after a day at Hatfields Sheffield who were excellent. They reset everything and I'm now on 19.2. Car had gone to sleep, so needed waking to find itself, as it's location kept showing up as where my phone was."

·
Registered
3 Posts
There's a posting on the UK site where a driver was having difficulty with the phone app not working. Dealership updated TCU to 19.2, reset everything and that fixed it.

The post:
"Fixed after a day at Hatfields Sheffield who were excellent. They reset everything and I'm now on 19.2. Car had gone to sleep, so needed waking to find itself, as it's location kept showing up as where my phone was."
Car also updated itself to 20b1 on the drive home, that was me.

·
Registered
69 Posts
My 2019 Hse updated two days ago to 20B. Can’t say I feel the difference But good to be fully updated . Updated maps for first time as well. Worked smoothly

·
Registered
268 Posts
I was thinking the same thing and then all of a sudden this morning the message popped up about updating!! This is the first over the air update I have ever received. Better late than never. Not that I am expecting much from this update, just the fact that SOTA worked is awesome!
I got my update a few days before you, but I guess 20+ days after some people. I've been off the board a while so I wasn't even aware to expect it (except we are well into the second quarter).

It was probably my fourth update (I've lost track, but at least two for '19 and now two for '20).

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'm on 20A and 18.2. As an aside to those who can't see their Telematics version, I was in the same boat until I activated the 4G service by adding the I Pace to my AT&T Mobile Share Plan. I checked as soon as I walked out of the AT&T store, and the information on Telematics was showing for the first time. Previously it had been blank as others were reporting. So it was either a coincidence or the process of activating the 4G did "something".

I'll give it a couple of weeks on 20A before calling the dealer. On the Range Rover side of things, I've gotten accustomed to the fact that JLR slow rolls these updates. I guess they don't want to burden the hamster wheel they use to power the download server.

Reactions: Deutsch100

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
826 Posts
I've had 18.2 for quite a while now. Sometimes it shows the value immediately, sometimes it shows when I touch for checking for an update and sometimes it shows after I back out of that display and try again. There is no predicting how the cat will behave on a given day.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #137
I've had 18.2 for quite a while now. Sometimes it shows the value immediately, sometimes it shows when I touch for checking for an update and sometimes it shows after I back out of that display and try again. There is no predicting how the cat will behave on a given day.
I have this exact experience. I keep checking for a SOTA update to the TCU but nothing

Reactions: Deutsch100

·
Registered
776 Posts
And my kitty is totally disobedient, never showing the Telematics version. As long as it continues to use its litterbox, I'm OK.

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
678 Posts
I cannot prove it, but after my 2020 I-Pace did S20B1 OTA last week, is when my WiFi stopped working. Perhaps a coincidence, but perhaps not! When I took delivery on 8/11/20 my car had S20A and WiFi worked every time I tried it.

Post S20B1 (which downloaded and installed via WiFi), and now WiFi will not work anywhere...home, office, public place, etc... It could also be that my WiFi antennae broke, and it seems like S20B1 ruined WiFi. Who knows?!

I dropped my car off at the dealer this afternoon, after hours (Sunday) drop off, since getting it there tomorrow 8/24 with work is difficult.

Fingers crossed they can get my WiFi working again. Even though I do not want to pay for AT&T 4G, since my car will be at the Vet, I am having them see why AT&T says my SIM card is invalid and not even in the AT&T data base.

I also asked them to update Telematics to 18.2 or 19.2 if they can get it :) I'm sure the answer will be NO, Lol!

121 - 139 of 139 Posts