Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 74 Posts

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
669 Posts
I haven't gone through it extensively but they tweaked profiles. On the home page, lower left corner, when it indicates that it has recognized and is using a profile, the icon will have a number next to it. You can touch the icon and it will bring up the profile list and you'll see the numbers next to the profile names. There's also an "editing" icon you can touch and it will display what it is learning and what it has learnt for the profile. It also gives you a chance to erase that info and start over.

Sadly passwords for WIFI are not in the list. In fact, I had to re-enter the WIFI password after the update. It remains to be seen how long it retains that.

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
669 Posts
A personal first: This afternoon, I was able to navigate to a POI using voice navigation while the car was in motion. There's hope for voice navigation improvement!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Also in BC. Just updated 5 minutes ago.
Cheers,
Bruce

·
Registered
602 Posts
Me too, Deutsch. As I recall 20A was rolled out over a month as was the previous updates. My wife says that patience is a virtue but I don't have any virtues at all....
Yup. It’s exactly how Tesla rolls theirs out. In can take a month and longer for everyone to get it. This way if they see complaints coming from the field, they can pull the update back before everyone’s car is broken.

In fact as frustrating as it can be, and as has been proven with Tesla, you don’t always want to be the first kid on the block with these updates.

·
Premium Member
2019 I-Pace HSE - Borasco Grey
186 Posts
In Austin, TX. I was surprised to find the car notifying me of the available update yesterday evening when I went to pick up some take-out. It has been downloaded and installed. Since mine seems to appear about the time it does for most others I'd expect many of us will see it arrive shortly.

While waiting for the download I noticed the date on the prior version showed I last updated to 20A on 5/26/2020.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Not sure if it related to the 20B update but my traffic isn't working
I can search places just fine

·
Registered
682 Posts
I had the update and the voice accent changed to British and now my voice command is as terrible as everyone else when trying to find a POI or address. It will find basic things like Walmart or McDonalds but not streets or slightly more complex named restaurants, etc. Frustrating.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Aussie release of S20B downloaded and installed OK after the car was shut down and locked.
Cheers, Steve

Reactions: Deutsch100

·
Registered
602 Posts
I had the update and the voice accent changed to British and now my voice command is as terrible as everyone else when trying to find a POI or address. It will find basic things like Walmart or McDonalds but not streets or slightly more complex named restaurants, etc. Frustrating.
Curt, that’s exactly what happened to me with my Model S. The voice recognition was superb when it came to the Nav and other things. The best I had ever experienced. Then one of the software updates, that supposedly had nothing to do with voice recognition, destroyed the accuracy of the system. Overnight it became the same crap voice recognition you see in so many cars.

I‘m sure you’ve tried changing the voice back to American English. At least they can’t break my voice recognition, it’s already broken and behaves like yours.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Curt, that’s exactly what happened to me with my Model S. The voice recognition was superb when it came to the Nav and other things. The best I had ever experienced. Then one of the software updates, that supposedly had nothing to do with voice recognition, destroyed the accuracy of the system. Overnight it became the same crap voice recognition you see in so many cars.

I‘m sure you’ve tried changing the voice back to American English. At least they can’t break my voice recognition, it’s already broken and behaves like yours.
I changed the voice to US English and no improvement. It's good to know that there are SOME similarities between our cars! :)

·
Registered
602 Posts
I’m still not as familiar with the OTA updates from JLR as I was with Tesla’s OTAs. Are we 100% certain the JLR OTA updates originate from somewhere on the JLR mothership as opposed to the local dealer getting notice of a new update and then pushing it to the cars they’ve sold?

21 - 40 of 74 Posts