Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer got my car back to me sooner than promised :)

#1 S20B seems chaotic to say the least. I got S20A OTA when I asked the Service Mgr. to push it thru via Topix 0n 3 June 2020. I was told I am now SOTA enabled after S20A. But, when I picked my car up today...they told me I would have never gotten S20B, since in Topix SOTA for my car was once again disabled. They do not know why, but it is not the first time. So....for those not getting S20B, you might never get it unless your dealer once again manually pushes it thru. So much for automatic SOTA for everyone.

#2 Loud fans are here to stay. The Service tech said two I-Paces came in today for service, and both complained about the fans too. He said they are more "noticeable" since the I-Pace has no engine noise, and we are used to and want silence from an EV. He actually said the fans are a design flaw on the I-Pace. Honest, but sad :(

#3 H280 on paper/via the G-o-M added almost 20 more miles to my range; more than I have seen in probably 4-5 months. 100% charge post H280... 260 miles Eco, 246 Comfort.

#4 While they did not provide me with the actual report to see (which I would have liked), the paperwork says my Battery Health is at "100%". I honestly do know know what JLR's definition of 100% Battery Health is...but this is what my paperwork shows.

#5 I complained that my G-o-M range and SOC% goes down much faster than when I first got the car (hence my asking for a battery health report). They said it is fine...But coming home from the dealer...it still seems like excessive use. The drive was 18 miles. I was on the freeway for 12 miles, 6 miles surface street. Freeway speed was 55-70mph. Surface streets 30-40mph. I was in ECO then entire time. Granted the outside temp was 109F, but the 18 mile drive subtracted 31 miles from my G-o-M range and used 11% of the battery. That just seems really steep, but I guess it is what it is, considering the dealer says my battery is at 100% health.

Happy Friday everyone :)

·
Registered
608 Posts
#5 I complained that my G-o-M range and SOC% goes down much faster than when I first got the car (hence my asking for a battery health report). They said it is fine...But coming home from the dealer...it still seems like excessive use. The drive was 18 miles. I was on the freeway for 12 miles, 6 miles surface street. Freeway speed was 55-70mph. Surface streets 30-40mph. I was in ECO then entire time. Granted the outside temp was 109F, but the 18 mile drive subtracted 31 miles from my G-o-M range and used 11% of the battery. That just seems really steep, but I guess it is what it is, considering the dealer says my battery is at 100% health.
This is seems to be normal. High temperature affects the range as much as low temperature. You can see how much the AC use is sucking up all that range from Range Impact menu screen.

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
***Reading my paperwork, and it shows SOTA connectivity unavailable. FAULT CODE found: B14A2-02 APIX2. IDMA unit updated and ECU replaced. Fault code cleared and S20B populated.

·
Registered
811 Posts
***Reading my paperwork, and it shows SOTA connectivity unavailable. FAULT CODE found: B14A2-02 APIX2. IDMA unit updated and ECU replaced. Fault code cleared and S20B populated.
Hmm. So this sounds like more than just the SOTA Topix switch reverting back to ’off’.

With that said, I think it’s entirely reasonable that for the few of us remaining that haven’t received S20B, a call to the dealer to check that SOTA is enabled, is a wise move. I’ll give it another few days, but I doubt I’ll get it.

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
856 Posts
Hmmm. Hardware problem and replacement. That might have turned off SOTA depending on the sophistication of JLR OTA communication with the car. I guess it is too much to expect the cat to let you know it has an ailment.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Last week I went to the dealer to install H280 and fix a couple of charging speed issue. They pretended that it should be fixed with the H280 update... hummm. Here is my latest charge, I am still charging at 4%/h, which mean a 25h for a full charge, and that represent 3.5 kw/h of charge on a 7kw charger. I am sure there is a problem here, and I am sure the car was able to charge in less than 25h 1 year ago, when I receive the car. I have a 6 years old charger at home, not a smart one, I can't see or graph the consumption of it.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Last week I went to the dealer to install H280 and fix a couple of charging speed issue. They pretended that it should be fixed with the H280 update... hummm. Here is my latest charge, I am still charging at 4%/h, which mean a 25h for a full charge, and that represent 3.5 kw/h of charge on a 7kw charger. I am sure there is a problem here, and I am sure the car was able to charge in less than 25h 1 year ago, when I receive the car. I have a 6 years old charger at home, not a smart one, I can't see or graph the consumption of it.
Dernotte, are you seeing the same slow charging time on both your home charger and commercial level 2 systems? You're right that 3.5 kWh is far too slow.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Some people on the UK forum reported the same behavior. Here , in Quebec most public charger runs with 208V, not 240, so that will not be apple to apple. But anyway, I am on a road trip for a week, and I will try to graph all my charging sessions. Yesterday, I was visiting friends, and had to plug on 120V. Here is the graph. It is a steady succession of 1.3%/h and 1.1%/h, just like a pure sine wave.

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
489 Posts
Yesterday, I was visiting friends, and had to plug on 120V. Here is the graph. It is a steady succession of 1.3%/h and 1.1%/h, just like a pure sine wave.
Had to plug in this lunchtime for an L2 charge - in anticipation of losing power tonight due to tropical storm. Garage at 87degrees F. Noticed while working in workshop attached to garage that the fans/cooling system revs up every 30sec for maybe 5sec. Not real loud but noticable once you have heard it the first time. Very repeatable over about 10mins standing alongside car. On an L1 charger I can imagine firing up the cooling system would show a noticable cyclical drop in %/h as described.

·
Registered
223 Posts
During my road trip I have the opportunity to test different chargers, L2 or L3. At the hotel yesterday, there was a free L2. Here is the charging data. In the first part of the session, between 28% and 60%, the car was charging at 6-7kw, as expected. This is good news, it means that the 3.5kw I have at home is more likely due to a default in the charger. At 60%, I see a big drop in the charging speed, from 6.5kw to 2kw, and the car kept that the low speed during the night. When I saw that in the morning, I unplug and replug the charger, and it was back on track.

·
Super Moderator
2,297 Posts
I saw this type of behavior with my first I-Pace and it puzzled me. Why would a simple unplug/plug go back to regular charging speed if there was a good reason to throttle to begin with? There's no rationale for it. It's a bug or poor design.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Does that mean you never saw that kind of drop in your 2nd ? I am with you, I have no other explanation but a bug in the BMS.

·
Registered
10 Posts

View attachment 4334

·
Registered
223 Posts
And you can even open the browser in the car while you charge, you will get the stats in real time. Here is a session at a 350kw charger.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts