Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

161 - 180 of 205 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Sean, I called my service advisor who said that SOTA must be "activated" in TopiX and then all follow-on updates should come automatically. My advisor is Curtis Kinkaid at Jaguar Land Rover of Colorado Springs and if your dealer gives you a hard time perhaps a call to my advisor would help. Phone: (719) 302-1000. Good luck!
Thank you so much Curt, I will let you know.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I speculate JLR may have disabled dealers from pushing updates as these should be automatic now. I would not worry about 20A until people are getting 20B.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I speculate JLR may have disabled dealers from pushing updates as these should be automatic now. I would not worry about 20A until people are getting 20B.
Today I confirmed with my service advisor that the dealer must enable SOTA for each car in TopiX and posted the advisor's phone number. Another member forwarded the post to his service department and they made the change in TopiX and he received the update right away. See post #1: THANK YOU CurtSprings2 S20A baby!!

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
So pumped!! Thanks again CurtSprings. If you do not get SOTA (like me), please have your Service Advisor or Manager push it thru via TopiX. Within mins of emailing my Service Manager Dave B. at Jaguar Thousand Oaks (Best place, amazing guy)....S20A came in. This is my 1st SOTA in almost 6 months of ownership!

Attachments

·
Registered
608 Posts
@CurtSprings2 , Thank you so much,
Your email put quick end to it and the update showed up in a few hrs.

View attachment 3967
You're very welcome! Echoing other members, it's kinda crazy that dealerships aren't properly trained and the SOTA function must be enabled for each car. I guess it gives the owner a choice of not updating. Perhaps it's a response to Tesla's problem when their releases were breaking things but drivers didn't have a choice to upgrade or not.

·
Registered
Mazda RX-8
182 Posts
You're very welcome! Echoing other members, it's kinda crazy that dealerships aren't properly trained and the SOTA function must be enabled for each car. I guess it gives the owner a choice of not updating. Perhaps it's a response to Tesla's problem when their releases were breaking things but drivers didn't have a choice to upgrade or not.
I was looking at my SOTA settings in the car today and it seemed like there is a way to "lock" software updates. I assume this allows the owner to prevent unwanted updates.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I was looking at my SOTA settings in the car today and it seemed like there is a way to "lock" software updates. I assume this allows the owner to prevent unwanted updates.
Pete, I never noticed that. Is that in the general settings?

Just looked again everywhere and can’t find anything relating to preventing updates.

·
Super Moderator
1,952 Posts
Thanks to this thread I just called my service guy and from the back and forth between him and the foreman it seemed they also didn't know it had to be activated in Topix. But they did on the spot and voila, I got 20A now.

·
Registered
564 Posts
That feature got removed back with 19B. IIRC, it was meant to allow the driver from locking out a valet, child, thief, etc., from doing updates without their knowledge and permission.

·
Registered
497 Posts
That feature got removed back with 19B. IIRC, it was meant to allow the driver from locking out a valet, child, thief, etc., from doing updates without their knowledge and permission.
That's why I couldn't find it! I was going nuts thinking I was missing something. With that said I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion I'm not set up for OTA despite having received 19C OTA. As Sean mentioned, maybe that was simply pushed as a one time update to my car. I've got a call in tomorrow to my sales guy to get this resolved.

·
Registered
70 Posts
If this works anything like Tesla's OTA updates, why would the dealer need to notify us? If it's a true OTA update, it would simply show up on the screen as available for download. At least that's how it worked with MS.
That's how it works here too. The aforementioned email is not a thing. They've done it once but it's not going to be something you'll see for every software update.

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
So....I have had two good drives in my I-Pace post S20A, and I do not notice one difference from the 19C I have had for almost 6 months. LOL Lots of stress and frustration on my end to get 20A, and nothing different :)

·
Registered
497 Posts
So....I have had two good drives in my I-Pace post S20A, and I do not notice one difference from the 19C I have had for almost 6 months. LOL Lots of stress and frustration on my end to get 20A, and nothing different :)
That’s why I asked. Those that are not in the initial batch to get S20A need not aggravate themselves over it since it doesn’t seem to be a big deal. I got it pushed this morning and I too can’t see any differences.

I got more value in confirming that my car was indeed SOTA capable as I initially suspected. ;)

·
Registered
568 Posts
They are all SOTA capable. Having the dealer push the software does not really confirm that the next update will be automatic.

·
Registered
497 Posts
They are all SOTA capable. Having the dealer push the software does not really confirm that the next update will be automatic.
I’m aware of that, but the service manager and my salesman were looking at the Topix for my car and they said it was definitely turned on for SOTA. The green ‘on’ switch looked exactly like the screenshot I sent them. My sales guy is a young guy who understands the tech. He offered to send me a screenshot, but it was clear he understood the issue.

I think it makes perfect sense that not all cars are sent the update at the same time by JLR. It’s exactly how Tesla does it and minimizes the chances of screwing up the entire fleet with a faulty firmware upgrade.

161 - 180 of 205 Posts