Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

181 - 200 of 205 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,952 Posts
What baffles me is that JLR can't just write a letter to their customers and dealers that goes like this:

"Dear Friends,

We will be rolling out a SOTA update in phases. You will all get it, the car will tell you. Best wishes,

Your JLR"

The lack of communication between JRL and customers is horrible.

·
Registered
608 Posts
What baffles me is that JLR can't just write a letter to their customers and dealers that goes like this:

"Dear Friends,

We will be rolling out a SOTA update in phases. You will all get it, the car will tell you. Best wishes,

Your JLR"

Lol, that's why I troll the U.K. forum as they get the releases first and I can read their reactions both good and bad.

·
Premium Member
418 Posts

"Dear Friends,

Your JLR"

Two dealers have told me the communication between JLR in England to JLR USA is beyond dismal, and of course this carries over to customers.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Sorry, it is in the very first post.
Still, you're correct that the release notes should be easier to locate without paying for TopiX or someone with TopiX access posting them on a forum. Perhaps send an email with the notes plus the release announcement or somehow embed the notes in the update notification in the infotainment system.

·
Registered
497 Posts

"Dear Friends,

Your JLR"

If it makes you guys feel any better, it was no different with Tesla. In almost 3 years of ownership, there may have been 2 times out of 25-30 (yes, updates were that frequent) where updates were communicated prior to them arriving. Those were only for major updates like when they changed the color of your car (JK ;)). Aside from those major updates, if you didn’t read the forums, you had no idea there was a release until you got it. But if you read the forum, you were invariably frustrated reading that ‘Joe’ just got an update and 3 weeks later you were still waiting for it. Ignorance is bliss?

Now with that said, unlike JLR, every Tesla update did carry with it release notes that were displayed prominently on your screen. Of course those were only partial notes because the functions they broke were rarely listed as areas they had been touched in the update. In my case the most notable and frustrating one was when they took my amazing voice recognition and turned it into something where I thought it might work better if I spoke Chinese. Unlike our I-Pace, you couldn’t turn to CarPlay or Android Auto for a workaround.

Voice recognition was improved in a later update, but it never achieved the stellar level it once had.

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
I actually did notice 1 change post S20A. Upon the first "start up", my Climate Control screen had a description of what Smart Climate is, how to use it and how to access it. I just swiped it away and my regular hvac screen & setting came back and has stayed on like normal.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Deutsch, I never noticed that, but I probably wasn’t watching.

I tried the perpendicular parking a little while ago in a lot with some cars. Although it said searching, it found nothing. Interesting. My wife and I both laughed because as we pulled out on to a main road, it decided the merge lane was a nice parallel parking spot and alerted me.

Me thinks I won’t be using this feature much. :)

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Deutsch, I never noticed that, but I probably wasn’t watching.

I tried the perpendicular parking a little while ago in a lot with some cars. Although it said searching, it found nothing. Interesting. My wife and I both laughed because as we pulled out on to a main road, it decided the merge lane was a nice parallel parking spot and alerted me.

Me thinks I won’t be using this feature much. :)
The merge lane is the most preferred parallel parking spot for a Jaguar :)

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Quick search yielded what S20A gets us:

Full release notes for 20A (S20A_20.07.5-507626)
IMC (INFOTAINMENT MASTER CONTROLLER) – SOFTWARE VERSION:
S20A_20.07.5-507626, ASSEMBLY PART NUMBER: MX53-19C204-BA (G2469185)
Software Release Date: 2020-03-09

NEW FEATURES INCLUDED IN THIS RELEASE:

PARKING AID
The Parking aid pop up now has the option to temporarily disable the system.
SYSTEM
All user data can now be deleted by running the vehicle data factory reset.
ISSUES FIXED IN THIS RELEASE
BLUETOOTH®
Paired device list when displaying Japanese has improved layout.
Improved Bluetooth® stability when switching from phone library to Spotify.
CLIMATE
After switching from light to dark theme the option to switch from front to rear climate controls will not sometimes be
lost.
Third row blower fan will no longer switch to zero when the display theme is changed.
The timed climate will no longer be shown when it is not available on the vehicle.
OPTICAL DISC DRIVE
Improved ability to play Digital Versatile Discs (DVD)s.
When Compact Disc (CD) is the selected source and CD is in ripping state CD queue list will no longer be empty.
ECO DATA
Improved stability of ECO Data screen.
4X4I – (RUSSIAN ONLY)
Torque values now display in Russian Language
INCONTROL APPS
Reconnecting a phone when InControl Apps are default all soft keys will now be displayed correctly.
NAV
Improved voice guidance stability.
Improved China navigation stability.
PHONE
General improvements when in an active call – fewer cases of lost/gaps in audio.
RADIO – (NORTH AMERICA ONLY)
Improved Satellite Digital Audio Radio Service (SDARS) system stability.
RSE (RSE)
The remote can now be used to select a track from the list on the rear screen.
General improved stability of RSE.
SPEECH
Issue fixed that keeps DAB (DAB) options on the screen after the user cancels the DAB voice command.
STEERING WHEEL SWITCHES
Fixed ‘Mode’ button on steering wheel to change media source is not working.
SYSTEM
General improved system stability.
TERRAIN RESPONSE SCREEN
"Push TR rotary control to activate TR modes" message will do longer display when the rotary control is in the raised
position
TRANSLATIONS
General translation improvements
TELEVISION
General improved stability of the television system.
USB CONNECTIVITY
iPod source will no longer disappear from source list if an iPhone™ is connected to the UIP while the iPod is playing.
USB Media will now resume from the track that was playing when the vehicle was shutdown.
BEV (BEV) DATA – (I-PACE ONLY)
Improved range data accuracy
THERE ARE NO KNOWN ISSUES IN THIS SOFTWARE RELEASE.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Bad news: For the first time ever (on my car), it forgot my profile this morning. It forgot all profiles. Climate control appeared to be a default setting.
Good news: It remembered the WIFI password (at least for today).

They may have some more refining to do for "20B" whenever that comes.

181 - 200 of 205 Posts