Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From our follow I-Pace members in the UK: S20A_20.07.5-507626 SOTA - Jaguar I-Pace Forum

Its great to see so many updates, especially when its SOTA

Full release notes for 20A (S20A_20.07.5-507626)

IMC (INFOTAINMENT MASTER CONTROLLER) – SOFTWARE VERSION:
S20A_20.07.5-507626, ASSEMBLY PART NUMBER: MX53-19C204-BA (G2469185)
Software Release Date: 2020-03-09

NEW FEATURES INCLUDED IN THIS RELEASE
PARKING AID
The Parking aid pop up now has the option to temporarily disable the system.
SYSTEM
All user data can now be deleted by running the vehicle data factory reset.

ISSUES FIXED IN THIS RELEASE
BLUETOOTH®
Paired device list when displaying Japanese has improved layout.
Improved Bluetooth® stability when switching from phone library to Spotify.

CLIMATE
After switching from light to dark theme the option to switch from front to rear climate controls will not sometimes be
lost.
Third row blower fan will no longer switch to zero when the display theme is changed.
The timed climate will no longer be shown when it is not available on the vehicle.

OPTICAL DISC DRIVE
Improved ability to play Digital Versatile Discs (DVD)s.
When Compact Disc (CD) is the selected source and CD is in ripping state CD queue list will no longer be empty.

ECO DATA
Improved stability of ECO Data screen.

4X4I – (RUSSIAN ONLY)
Torque values now display in Russian Language

INCONTROL APPS
Reconnecting a phone when InControl Apps are default all soft keys will now be displayed correctly.

NAV
Improved voice guidance stability.
Improved China navigation stability.

PHONE
General improvements when in an active call – fewer cases of lost/gaps in audio.

RADIO – (NORTH AMERICA ONLY)
Improved Satellite Digital Audio Radio Service (SDARS) system stability.

RSE (RSE)
The remote can now be used to select a track from the list on the rear screen.
General improved stability of RSE.

SPEECH
Issue fixed that keeps DAB (DAB) options on the screen after the user cancels the DAB voice command.

STEERING WHEEL SWITCHES
Fixed ‘Mode’ button on steering wheel to change media source is not working.

SYSTEM
General improved system stability.

TERRAIN RESPONSE SCREEN
"Push TR rotary control to activate TR modes" message will do longer display when the rotary control is in the raised
position

TRANSLATIONS
General translation improvements

TELEVISION
General improved stability of the television system.

USB CONNECTIVITY
iPod source will no longer disappear from source list if an iPhone™ is connected to the UIP while the iPod is playing.
USB Media will now resume from the track that was playing when the vehicle was shutdown.

BEV (BEV) DATA – (I-PACE ONLY)
Improved range data accuracy

THERE ARE NO KNOWN ISSUES IN THIS SOFTWARE RELEASE.

·
Registered
51 Posts
BEV (BEV) DATA – (I-PACE ONLY)
Improved range data accuracy

Interesting..... glad to see they're continually refining the calcs.

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
But if/when this comes to the USA, won't we all need H280 first for this to be SOTA? I am annoyed, since I was told H264 would finally enable SOTA.

I have sent my dealer 2 emails about checking to see if my VIN is eligible for H280. No response yet.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
But if/when this comes to the USA, won't we all need H280 first for this to be SOTA? I am annoyed, since I was told H264 would finally enable SOTA.

I have sent my dealer 2 emails about checking to see if my VIN is eligible for H280. No response yet.
This will be a SOTA. It's the update to the 19c that was a SOTA
We will probably still need to call the dealer to have them push it to our car.

Was discussing with @sciencegeek about OTA updates and the benefit of dealers.
JLR will utilize the dealers to reduce potential liability on certain updates. H280 being based on charging is probably why it wasnt a SOTA.

As remarkable and innovative as Tesla is, they not only spoiled the consumer, but skewed the perception of how a car company should work in some cases.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I can see S20A coming as OTA, and dealers updating the car to it (possibly by OTA at the shop instead of tying up a Pathfinder) if it is outstanding. Jaguar was going to move away from dealers having to "push" the updates.

BECM update H280 OTOH seems like it should have been OTA too.
Copy/paste from Jaguar website "SOFTWARE UPDATES" FAQ

WHAT SOFTWARE CAN BE UPDATED IN MY VEHICLE?
The updates maintain and fix the software in your vehicle’s Infotainment and Telematics Module, and, in our electric vehicles, the Battery Energy Control Module.

I checked my VIN and S20A does not appear as of this typing. H280 does.

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar i-Pace HSE
249 Posts
H280 was specifically to resolve some problems with vehicles updated to H264, which should have enabled SOTA for the BECM. I'm guessing that the thing H280 fixes is actually enabling SOTA because H264 didn't do it probably in all cases.

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
If you'd like to PM your VIN I can check in TopiX.
Thank you so much for offering. My dealer got back to me yesterday, and told me my car is READY for H280. I think I will wait, as it is really only for fast charging, which I do not do, nor need. I would love to find out when we can get S20a though. This sounds like a great upgrade!!! :)

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
H280 was specifically to resolve some problems with vehicles updated to H264, which should have enabled SOTA for the BECM. I'm guessing that the thing H280 fixes is actually enabling SOTA because H264 didn't do it probably in all cases.
I REALLY hope H280 is not needed for SOTA to be active, as this is what H264 was set to do. When I spoke with my dealer yesterday, they told me H280 pertains only to DC Fast Charging....but who really knows?! Maybe H280 has some add on about finally activation SOTA. I would like to get the new S20a via SOTA and not have to turn my car in for H280. I have had my car 3 months and this would make the 3rd time I would have to get a loaner and spend 2 days going to and from the dealer :(

·
Registered
471 Posts
From TOPIx
UPDATE: A concern has now been identified with NGI software ‘S20A_20.07.5-507626’ which effects some areas of USB external media compatibility, specifically when trying to update maps. A revised software release is being worked on presently to correct this issue. We will update this communication as soon as possible.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Sad state of affairs for the software. Not a programmer... but this stuff would appear to be getting too complex.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The update is rolling out overseas. Anyone in North America receive it?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Has anyone checked Topix on this update availability for North America?

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar i-Pace HSE
249 Posts
I checked again this morning and it isn't showing any release notes for S20 or S20A, and doesn't show anything added except for a new version of Pathfinder being available.

·
Registered
471 Posts
If Jaguar remembers what they told us last year by email and in the advisory forum, we'll get an email telling us when it is ready for us to download either on the day or shortly before it is available.

·
Registered
193 Posts
If this works anything like Tesla's OTA updates, why would the dealer need to notify us? If it's a true OTA update, it would simply show up on the screen as available for download. At least that's how it worked with MS.

1 - 20 of 120 Posts