Got it delivered today.

1st impressions:

Infotainment navigation faster
Creep mode stays on
myEV icons stay on

Front camera rendering in 360 mode still blurred
Perpendicular parking aid still greyed out

That’s it for now
Thanks for the update. Great to hear that it's starting to roll out in North America. There were supposed to be a lot of updates to CarPlay as well.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Got it delivered today.

1st impressions:

Infotainment navigation faster
Creep mode stays on
myEV icons stay on

Front camera rendering in 360 mode still blurred
Perpendicular parking aid still greyed out

That’s it for now
Since you were able to get SOTA to update...would it be possible for you to post on this forum your software update screen for both the telematics and infotainment (showing 19B). My telematics doesnt seem to be working and just want to compare what you see versus what I see

·
Registered
44 Posts
I was able to get 19B today. Tried yesterday by leaving a message for the Service Advisor at the dealer I purchased the car. No callback or update. Called another dealer's Service Advisor. He started with saying all he could see were the two campaigns I still need to get done. I tried to get him to the software update page, but it wasn't going well. He then said he would check with his service tech. After a minute or so, he was back and found the page in TOPIx and pushed the update. He was genuinely interested in getting this right.

Also, only Touch Pro shows the version number.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,589 Posts
I was able to get 19B today. Tried yesterday by leaving a message for the Service Advisor at the dealer I purchased the car. No callback or update. Called another dealer's Service Advisor. He started with saying all he could see were the two campaigns I still need to get done. I tried to get him to the software update page, but it wasn't going well. He then said he would check with his service tech. After a minute or so, he was back and found the page in TOPIx and pushed the update. He was genuinely interested in getting this right.

Ah I guess you're one of the three iPaces ahead of me which is why John called me to tell me they hadn't started on mine yet >:)

·
Registered
539 Posts

Wait the service dealer need to push it to the car for update to appear? We can't just update on our own?

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar i-Pace HSE
238 Posts
Ah I guess you're one of the three iPaces ahead of me which is why John called me to tell me they hadn't started on mine yet >:)
Not sure if you're ahead of me or I'm ahead of you, but mine went in on Monday as well. They installed the updated cable (H207) and sticker (H221) yesterday, but no software yet, so still pending the brake recall (H213), software enhancement (H228), and S19B.

I did find out that the online reservation system doesn't actually book you. It puts you in a queue so the lady that runs the parts / payment desk can call you the next business day to confirm the appointment and actually book a loaner car. Unfortunately I found out the hard way, by booking on Friday and coming in on Monday, so no loaner car. They had to send me over to Enterprise, so now I'm in a (shudder) Dodge minivan. :(

·
Registered
44 Posts
Not mine. Last time I was there was two weeks ago. I still need to get a hood latch cable changed and a sticker placed on the charge door (both were back-ordered). I'm waiting till next month some time to go back in. Hopefully, your car won't be ahead of mine when I get there.:wink2:

·
Registered
147 Posts

Your telematics version is blank as well. Something has changed and the word "telematics" is now gone and the version displays nothing. I was doing some tests with my car. If I hit update for infotainment you will see the windows symbols spin around and then no updates found. If you try on telematics it immediately fails and says no updates. I think since there is no telematics version it immediately fails and you never get the windows symbol spinning while it checks for software

·
Registered
44 Posts
Wait the service dealer need to push it to the car for update to appear? We can't just update on our own?
From what I understand, after JLR creates a new InControl Touch release, JLR then does a controlled release. At this time, JLR is only releasing I-Pace updates to the dealer. The dealer needs to enable the update for the update to appear in your car. As to why this is being done, I don't know. Maybe JLR is being overly cautious. Maybe JLR wants to get feedback prior to doing a full release.

·
Registered
539 Posts
From what I understand, after JLR creates a new InControl Touch release, JLR then does a controlled release. At this time, JLR is only releasing I-Pace updates to the dealer. The dealer needs to enable the update for the update to appear in your car. As to why this is being done, I don't know. Maybe JLR is being overly cautious. Maybe JLR wants to get feedback prior to doing a full release.
So we go to the dealer for the update or do i just call and give the dealer my VIN number to enable update to appear in my car?

·
Registered
44 Posts
So we go to the dealer for the update or do i just call and give the dealer my VIN number to enable update to appear in my car?
It depends on the condition of your car and dealer.
1. Do you have any outstanding campaigns for your car? You (using Independent Operator Login) or your dealer or anyone with your VIN number can check on TOPIx website. If you have any software related outstanding campaigns - "we" go to the dealer. (Example - H228, H237, H213).

2. If your vehicle doesn't have outstanding campaigns, then you call the dealer and hope they know how to enable the update for your car. If not, "we" go to the dealer.

The attached is an example of a car that needs to go to the dealer. Luckily, the car is on the lot at Livermore Jaguar.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
I checked Topix and it said my VIN has no outstanding campaigns. I called the dealer I bought from in Florida, had it shipped to me in Virginia. They had no idea what I was talking about with regard to Topix. They said I need to bring the car in of course. I explain I’m in Virginia not Florida and the closest Jaguar dealer is over 2 hours away. I finally get them to supposedly check Topix under my VIN number and they say they see nothing in regards to any info on an update. Repeat that I need to take car to a Jaguar dealer and end of call.
I’m on S18D still. Any dealerships you all would recommend to call that know what they are doing and are willing to do it for a car they did not sell.

How can I be sure that SOTA has been enabled on my car? They said they did and I can click on search for updates but have always gotten no update available for infotainment and telematics.

·
Registered
539 Posts
It depends on the condition of your car and dealer.
1. Do you have any outstanding campaigns for your car? You (using Independent Operator Login) or your dealer or anyone with your VIN number can check on TOPIx website. If you have any software related outstanding campaigns - "we" go to the dealer. (Example - H228, H237, H213).

2. If your vehicle doesn't have outstanding campaigns, then you call the dealer and hope they know how to enable the update for your car. If not, "we" go to the dealer.

The attached is an example of a car that needs to go to the dealer. Luckily, the car is on the lot at Livermore Jaguar.
All recall, "campaigns" and updates for my I-PACE have been done by the dealer this far, up to the latest version of 19A. I thought the next update will already be pushed to the car and all I have to do is update it from the dashboard. How disappointing.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Requiring dealer involvement in SOTA pushes is not wise. Dealer service advisors don't have time to check every vehicle as to whether there's an update to push out.

The local dealer service advisor stated to me they have no interest in dealing with cars being towed in for failed SOTA updates; they have enough problems with doing the updates in house.
Read that as the dealers don't have confidence in the process.

Also, what dealer would be responsible?
The selling dealer?
The closest dealer even though you didn't buy from them?
The closest dealer who may have never met you since you moved near them without introducing yourself?
The most recent servicing dealer? This dealer may have helped you out if you required assistance on a road trip, not one of the above.
A dealer who just took over the brand from another dealer and clearly you didn't buy from them?

What's a dealer's incentive? They'd rather bill Jaguar for a warranty service. It is a little better than nothing.

I'm not expecting to ever see SOTA if dealer involvement is required.

·
Super Moderator
1,589 Posts
I profess to be be naive on this, but can't the dealer just charge JLR for relevant services performed? If not, does that mean the dealership doesn't have a contract with JLR that includes those sorts of things? It seems crazy not to have a solution for this from JRL's standpoint.

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar i-Pace HSE
238 Posts
Anybody else in USA able to update to 19B? Anyone? Bueller?
I hate mine in ast for the recall and had them push it as well. Camera lag is slightly reduced (but still bad), and Bluetooth seems a little more reliable when getting back in after a quick stop.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I checked Topix and it said my VIN has no outstanding campaigns. I called the dealer I bought from in Florida, had it shipped to me in Virginia. They had no idea what I was talking about with regard to Topix. They said I need to bring the car in of course. I explain I’m in Virginia not Florida and the closest Jaguar dealer is over 2 hours away. I finally get them to supposedly check Topix under my VIN number and they say they see nothing in regards to any info on an update. Repeat that I need to take car to a Jaguar dealer and end of call.
I’m on S18D still. Any dealerships you all would recommend to call that know what they are doing and are willing to do it for a car they did not sell.

How can I be sure that SOTA has been enabled on my car? They said they did and I can click on search for updates but have always gotten no update available for infotainment and telematics.
I am also on 18D but Topix says that there are no campaigns. Software update does not have updates.

I am in Australia. I wonder if this is a JLR cost-saving measure to avoid expenses?

·
Registered
44 Posts
When checking for outstanding campaigns, always login as an independent operator (create a free account if you need to). If you use the customer search for outstanding service campaigns, you will always see no outstanding campaigns

Attachments

1 - 20 of 33 Posts