Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Living in a cold and snowy state I love the heated windshield. It took about a month to "see through" the minor distortion. I don't notice it except when there's an oncoming car with bright headlights.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Living in a cold and snowy state I love the heated windshield. It took about a month to "see through" the minor distortion. I don't notice it except when there's an oncoming car with bright headlights.
Curt, I can well imagine this will be very useful during the winter. Pete lives in PA and I'm sure it gets cold in his area too. Having driven through many snowstorms where no matter what you do with the defroster, the snow begins to pile up on the windshield, this should be very nice. ;)

·
Registered
608 Posts
The only downside is the rear window. The spoiler is supposed to channel enough air to blow rain and snow off but snow sticks really well especially in slow driving. A wiper would be really useful.

·
Registered
608 Posts
The film that's left after rubbing away the paste produced some cloudiness and if I rubbed more it took away the protective shield. Could be user error as I only tried twice. Other members might have more experience 😉.

·
Registered
Mazda RX-8
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
My wife and I stopped by our local Jaguar dealer while it was closed today and checked out a 2020 HSE and 2020 S trim. HSE was white with 22" wheels, real nice. S trim was black with 18" wheels, not as nice with the 18's, but both pretty sweet! I got to see the base LED headlights without the "signature daytime running lights" next to the HSE that obviously had it. I definitely like the upgraded headlights better, but I don't think I'll care nearly enough to spend thousands more on an SE or HSE for that reason alone. I plan to test drive one during the week at my local dealer and hopefully I'll see both types of lights in action and make a final decision. If the prices are pretty close, though, I will go for the upgraded headlights on an SE or HSE.

·
Registered
Mazda RX-8
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
The only downside is the rear window. The spoiler is supposed to channel enough air to blow rain and snow off but snow sticks really well especially in slow driving. A wiper would be really useful.
The rear window has the standard defrost wires, I assume. I guess it can't keep up with a heavy snow though.

·
Registered
Mazda RX-8
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)
Curt, I can well imagine this will be very useful during the winter. Pete lives in PA and I'm sure it gets cold in his area too. Having driven through many snowstorms where no matter what you do with the defroster, the snow begins to pile up on the windshield, this should be very nice. ;)
No more window scraping if the car is outside in a hard frost! And I assume it would help keep snow from building up on the front wipers. I don't know how many times in a hard snow I'm reaching out the drivers window and "snapping" the wiper as it comes up to the side of the windshield to get the snow off of the wiper.

·
Registered
608 Posts
No more window scraping if the car is outside in a hard frost! And I assume it would help keep snow from building up on the front wipers. I don't know how many time in a hard snow I'm reaching out the drivers window and "snapping" the wiper as it comes up to the side of the windshield to get the snow off of the wiper.
The wipers have a winter park mode that was helpful. Never had them stick to the windshield.

·
Registered
564 Posts
The film that's left after rubbing away the paste produced some cloudiness and if I rubbed more it took away the protective shield. Could be user error as I only tried twice. Other members might have more experience 😉.
I've used RainX for many, many years (maybe since it came into existence) though I haven't used it on the I-pace. I like the product.

The final step (often overlooked) is to take a damp cloth/paper towel and wipe the glass. Don't wait for the next precipitation event (although that's not very long in my neighborhood this year). This will remove the initial "film/cloudiness" look to it.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts