Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
Mazda RX-8
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found an interesting deal on a well optioned S trim I-Pace, but I am curious about the look of the headlights and turn signals without the "Signature Daytime Running Lights". Anybody out there have a photo, video, or concise description of what the S trim looks like? Most (all) of the videos I've seen are the upgraded headlights HSE trim, so I don't think I've ever seen what the base S trim headlights and turn signals look like.

Also, if there are any other obvious cosmetic differences between the S and SE/HSE, I'd be curious to hear what they are.

I'm doing some home work on the S vs. SE options to see what, if anything, is not on the S trim I'm looking at. It seems pretty loaded (MSRP is about $82k), so I'm not expecting too much.

Thanks in advance!

·
Super Moderator
2,284 Posts
I have an S but it has a bunch of upgraded options that make it pretty different from any of the standard options. You need to look at the specific options included in that S, you may be surprised to find some great 'upgrades'.

One of the tricks I used is to configure a new car on the JLR website with the options I wanted and then checked against inventory. That's how I got an S with Performance Seats, Driver Assist Pack, and powered liftgate among other things.

S headlights look great, I think mine are the same as most cars out there.

·
Registered
896 Posts
As @sciencegeek said, the website configuration tool is invaluable.
I speced out mine out over and over to know which options were non-negotiable and which I could live without.

I suggest specing a base model S and adding the features you want to see if it matches with the car you're looking at.

As far as the cosmetic differences, they all look the same.
The HSE comes standard with Adaptive Cruice Control so the front badge on the grill is Flatt glass instead of the ridgid, textured growler and of course the headlights.

I've seen more of the S with 18s as it's the base wheels

·
Registered
Mazda RX-8
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As @sciencegeek said, the website configuration tool is invaluable.
I speced out mine out over and over to know which options were non-negotiable and which I could live without.

I suggest specing a base model S and adding the features you want to see if it matches with the car you're looking at.

As far as the cosmetic differences, they all look the same.
The HSE comes standard with Adaptive Cruice Control so the front badge on the grill is Flatt glass instead of the ridgid, textured growler and of course the headlights.

I've seen more of the S with 18s as it's the base wheels
I have been using the Jaguar "build" tool and I'm actually pretty well in sync with what the S trim I'm looking at has. It is very nicely optioned! My only sticking point is the headlights which are not "optioned" to the SE/HSE standard headlights. I sent a note to the dealer asking if there was an upgrade option to go to the "Signature Daytime Running Lights" upgrade. We'll see what he says. I would think it would be an easy swap, but whether they agree and how much it will cost me is another story. That's why I was trying to find out the difference between the standard and upgrade headlights/turn signal.

·
Registered
Mazda RX-8
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One of the tricks I used is to configure a new car on the JLR website with the options I wanted and then checked against inventory.
I've configured an I-Pace. Can you take that config and use it to automatically search inventory? I don't see that option on the summary page.

·
Registered
896 Posts
I have been using the Jaguar "build" tool and I'm actually pretty well in sync with what the S trim I'm looking at has. It is very nicely optioned! My only sticking point is the headlights which are not "optioned" to the SE/HSE standard headlights. I sent a note to the dealer asking if there was an upgrade option to go to the "Signature Daytime Running Lights" upgrade. We'll see what he says. I would think it would be an easy swap, but whether they agree and how much it will cost me is another story. That's why I was trying to find out the difference between the standard and upgrade headlights/turn signal.
Like many options on the I-Pace, you're much better off getting it with the car than buying the parts after.

The parts for the car are extremely expensive.

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
848 Posts
The list price for the premium headlights is $3900 per assembly. The list price of the non-premium headlights is $2900 per assembly. Wholesale prices are far less.
There are cost differences for parts of the taillights if they were upgraded too.

This looks like something that should be factory installed. There could be software updating required too since the premium lights have twice as many LEDs and they light up as needed (e.g. when turning more light up to give a broader beam in lieu of turning the lights).

·
Registered
896 Posts
The list price for the premium headlights is $3900 per assembly. The list price of the non-premium headlights is $2900 per assembly. Wholesale prices are far less.
There are cost differences for parts of the taillights if they were upgraded too.

This looks like something that should be factory installed. There could be software updating required too since the premium lights have twice as many LEDs and they light up as needed (e.g. when turning more light up to give a broader beam in lieu of turning the lights).
That's nuts because the price as a upgrade when specing out the car is only $1000 more

Reactions: DocHudson

·
Registered
Mazda RX-8
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Sounds like replacing with the upgraded headlights is not an option. Parts are always so expensive!

Since I'm very satisfied with the other options on the car, I'm really only trying to wrap my head around the look of the standard S trim headlights. I might be over thinking it, but I'd like to have a good feel for what I'm "giving up" before putting that I-Pace on the short list.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Sounds like replacing with the upgraded headlights is not an option. Parts are always so expensive!

Since I'm very satisfied with the other options on the car, I'm really only trying to wrap my head around the look of the standard S trim headlights. I might be over thinking it, but I'd like to have a good feel for what I'm "giving up" before putting that I-Pace on the short list.
When I was trying to decide on the trim, headlights was the clincher, so please make sure the "S" trim looks are OK for you. As small as it is, I thought headlights make a big difference in the looks.

·
Registered
896 Posts
When I was trying to decide on the trim, headlights was the clincher, so please make sure the "S" trim looks are OK for you. As small as it is, I thought headlights make a big difference in the looks.
What made you go from a base S to the extreme other end of a First Edition?

·
Registered
72 Posts
With the deals available now on 2019 HSEs and we’ll loaded SEs, the price diff seems less and you get more features even if you are uncertain of some of them . When I bought my last car as an exec demo BMW, it came with a heads-up display . I never would have paid an option price for that but now that I have used and liked it , I could want the HUD in the I pace. The difference in price between really well equipped and less well is less now and really gets spread out over time and use IMO

·
Registered
Mazda RX-8
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
With the deals available now on 2019 HSEs and we’ll loaded SEs, the price diff seems less and you get more features even if you are uncertain of some of them . When I bought my last car as an exec demo BMW, it came with a heads-up display . I never would have paid an option price for that but now that I have used and liked it , I could want the HUD in the I pace. The difference in price between really well equipped and less well is less now and really gets spread out over time and use IMO
Agreed, all trims are on the table for me. My main focus is getting an SE level trim including the Adaptive Dynamics with Configurable Dynamics and Adaptive Surface Response (AdSR). I figured I want to get the full driving experience with all the tech included. Let me know if this is a bad idea.

My other key options are the black exterior trim pack and the gloss black wheels. Heated front and rear seats is desired. Cold climate pack. Drive pack. Memory seats/mirror.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Agreed, all trims are on the table for me. My main focus is getting an SE level trim including the Adaptive Dynamics with Configurable Dynamics and Adaptive Surface Response (AdSR). I figured I want to get the full driving experience with all the tech included. Let me know if this is a bad idea.

My other key options are the black exterior trim pack and the gloss black wheels. Heated front and rear seats is desired. Cold climate pack. Drive pack. Memory seats/mirror.
Have you experienced the heated windshield that is part of the cold climate pack?
It's difficult for some to see through the windshield due to glare at night

·
Super Moderator
2,284 Posts
Be aware that inventory is pretty limited. I really didn't want the heated windshield and it was super had to find one without it.

·
Registered
Mazda RX-8
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Have you experienced the heated windshield that is part of the cold climate pack?
I did hear some of those comments on this forum and spoke to my buddy @Ken about his recent purchase and experience with the option. I have an open mind about it. I'll see if I can get a sense of it at my local dealership. Otherwise, I'll just wear my polarized sunglasses at night! (Hmmm, sounds like a song I know...)

·
Registered
Mazda RX-8
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Be aware that inventory is pretty limited. I really didn't want the heated windshield and it was super had to find one without it.
I am looking far and wide for available options. I know I saw some good ones in Florida without the winter pack. I think Texas may have been that way too.

·
Registered
802 Posts
In the NY area there just aren't many HSEs available. I would never buy the car in any trim if it was only available in a color I didn't want. For me the color is more important than missing a feature or two that may not mean that much to me. It's one thing if stock is plentiful, but these are 2019s and stock is not exactly spilling over at this point.

·
Registered
802 Posts
As an owner of the cold pack, I drove at night and both my wife and I looked hard for those wires and any glare with oncoming headlights and saw none. In fact I find the visibility out of this windshield at night to be better than my MS. The MS windshield had an odd tint that bothered me at times. The I-Pace is perfect. :)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts