Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is round spot the size of a US Quarter coin in the reflections of the heads up display. It like a translucent finger print. I tried my best to clean the projection screen. But the spot doesn’t go away. I am trying to get the dealership to fix it. Anybody else had this issue and is there a way to clear the spot?

Much appreciate any help. Thanks

·
Registered
361 Posts
I had a spot after getting the windshield tinted. I took some toothpaste on a damp cloth to get it out.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had a spot after getting the windshield tinted. I took some toothpaste on a damp cloth to get it out.
Perhaps I didn’t clarify. The spot on the wind screen only comes when the heads up display is turned on and goes away when the heads up display is turned off. Did you have the same issue. Thanks

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
750 Posts
OMFG!!!! YES. The day I traded my 2019 HSE I-Pace in for my new 2020 HSE on the way home I kept seeing a mark in my Head Up Display. Mine is almost a croissant shaped fingerprint. When the angle of the sun changes whilst driving, it goes away. What adds insult to this injury, is one of the big reasons I traded my 19 for a 20 was to get HUD :(

The next time I saw it, I remembered to check it when I got home. Standing from the outside, looking thru the windscreen, you can see the fingerprint mark on the HUD glass. I cleaned it with a soft microfiber cloth...nothing. I then added some some glass cleaner and tried that..nothing!

I cannot believe that someone installed my I-Pace HUD glass with bare hands and I have a fingerprint and it drives me NUTS!!

The last time I had this kind of sloppy work was in my 1995 SAAB 900. Whoever installed the acrylic over the main instruments had a bare hand, and I could see all 5 fingerprints. It made me so annoyed and I hated driving the car.

@ShyamUS ...I really thought the fingerprint under my HUD display glass on my 2020 HSE was just a freak accident at the factory. I am shocked and maddened that this happened to you too. Shame on Jaguar!!!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@ShyamUS ...I really thought the fingerprint under my HUD display glass on my 2020 HSE was just a freak accident at the factory. I am shocked and maddened that this happened to you too. Shame on Jaguar!!!!
That’s exactly my point. One buys the best in class goods, because one expects flawless product. For example when you go to a fine dinning and pay top dollars, you would get upset if there were spots in the wine glass or the dinner plates where not warm, or the person pouring the wine let’s a drop on the white table. However when you go to a way side dinner you are ok with all that.

This spot on the HUD is a more than a small irritant... it’s a distraction. However when raised some of these point, I got almost whipped on the forum. I am relieved that someone other than me has higher level of expectations.

did your dealership fix the spot.? Or are you just living with it. Thanks

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
1,249 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Went to the dealers. Turns out it was a glue stain from a sticker that was removed. There is special solution for removing glue mark from the glass. The person put a small amount of this pink liquid in a wiping cloth and cleaned it away. So you may want to try this.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Perhaps I didn’t clarify. The spot on the wind screen only comes when the heads up display is turned on and goes away when the heads up display is turned off. Did you have the same issue. Thanks
Yeah. The spot was on the clear plastic hud reflecting on the glass - thankfully on the outer side. Probably a smudge from installing the tint as it wasn't there when I bought the car. If it's on the undersurface it looks like it would require the dealer to disassemble and clean/polish/replace.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Actually its right on the top. You just need a special glue removing solution. Check with your dealer.

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
750 Posts
Actually its right on the top. You just need a special glue removing solution. Check with your dealer.
Mine is 100% on the inside of the HUD glass. I have tried several solvents and the smudge does not budge :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts