Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. Got my brand new (leftover) 2019 HSE 6 weeks ago and was quite unhappy with the metallic black color (all 3 available HSE were black). Terribly fragile paint that would scar from bird dropping after maybe 2 hours. Never seen that before and most definitely not the case with my prior Jag (white F-Type). On top of things, black did not do the car justice and did not flatter the car's amazing curves.
Anyway, ultimately decided to spend yet more money on a wrap. After endless hours of wrap youtube and pics we decided to go with Avery Dennison Rock Grey (quite close but slightly lighter than the famous Nardo grey). Just got the car back today and I am finally truly and madly in love. That color was made for that car and JLR should advertise it that way (my humble opinion). The pictures do not do justice to this color. Sunshine pics (I live in San Diego) show the color completely off with a major blue tint. At sundown it's slightly more true to color but still not quite. Anyway, I am super excited and wanted to share. :D

·
Registered
834 Posts
Welcome. I saw you on the UK forum and was going to ask you to post here.

It looks beautiful! The paint on the I-Pace is extremely soft so this wrapping it serves dual purpose

Reactions: GCBSD

·
Registered
592 Posts
Welcome. I saw you on the UK forum and was going to ask you to post here.

It looks beautiful! The paint on the I-Pace is extremely soft so this wrapping it serves dual purpose
I actually haven't found the white paint soft at all. I don't know about the other colors.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Apologies... apparently had multiple accounts and have been confusing people. Will cancel the other one.
re-posting the below under the correct username.

Thank you everyone! I wholeheartedly agree and reiterate it looks even better IRL.
Got it done by San Diego Wraps. They have to redo a few parts so I’m bringing it back next week. Many parts are perfectly done, some could be better (but acceptable) and a few just not acceptable (hence the rework). They were significantly cheaper than the biggest name in town.
I did think about now having the leaper and letters in the back blacked out. Maybe a project for later...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts