Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2019 S with S21B and 16.2
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Yup, S model. Although I hear the same complaints from those with dynamic suspension.

I can bring the fob for valet if needed. The right stalk doesn’t get in the way IMHO. My complaint about fan speed controls is the process for finding a specific speed and the slow response. It takes my eyes off the road way too long to adjust it correctly at anytime but stopped at a traffic light. Otherwise the process to go to a specific level is pull, wait a second, look down to see what number shows then count the number of clicks and hope I don’t get jostled around and start the process over. I tried setting a temperature but it often blows the wrong temperature air and not where I want it.

The jack screw type garage door opener antenna at home is behind a stone facade wall. That is probably part of the problem. However, every other remote/built in opener works perfectly from far away. Occasionally we have to get out and punch in the code while parked two feet from the garage door.

·
Registered
2023 Jaguar I-Pace HSE Santori Black
16 Posts
Number six is that the garage door opener works every time from far away.
That is strange because the garage door opener for my I-pace is better than the last two vehicles I had before, which was a Porche Macan, and an Audi TT. The I-Pace garage door opener seems pretty consistent at the range it opens the garage door for me. I don't know if something was changed in the new I-pace's or not.

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
2,242 Posts
My cat's opener can sometimes get the garage door to open when I'm passing the neighbor's house, sometimes from about 50 feet from the end of my driveway, sometimes from the mailbox at the end of the driveway, sometimes between there and the door, and sometimes not until about 10 feet from the door. It is just that unpredictable. Sure it could be the antenna wire on the opener but I don't move it in between each of the above conditions. My arms, torso and legs just aren't long enough to reach up to it.

My Range Rover however can open it from quite a distance. So can one of my other cars that has a Homelink opener. I'm really suspecting the antenna on the cat's Homelink isn't positioned correctly or isn't of the best quality.

·
Registered
975 Posts
I find that the I pace garage door opened works the same as my clicker. It’s very good at opening the garage door from down the street. But for some reason it won’t close it at first. I have to hold the button down for a second or three (on both the i pace and the clicker).

I read somewhere that it could be the LED bulbs in the headlights interfering with the signals. But that could just be rumor. I had the same issue with my previous car, although it had LED headlights as welll

·
Registered
2023 Jaguar I-Pace HSE Santori Black
16 Posts
I found that there are led light bulbs that interfere with a garage door opener. When I first changed the light bulbs on my garage door opener from incandescent to led, my car opener range was reduced to almost nothing, I had to be right up to the garage door. I thought something was wrong with the opener. Then I read that some normal, or cheaper led light bulbs interfere with the transmission. I bought some special led bulbs online that were rated as good for garage door openers, and the range problem disappeared immediately, so not saying this is any of your problems, but just thought I would mention that potentially range problems can be caused by led bulbs. The ones I had that caused the interference were from Costco.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts