Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Lol. I would say the same about Lucid. They have the weight to power ratio of their engines and bidirectional charging. That’s how they can advertise 300 miles of range in 20 min. When you have efficiency and charging advantages because of your patents.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
@jsimon7777 Which one did you order?
i4 M50 with everything but the carbon package.

I wasn't trying to hijack. It's just everyone is talking about cars that can be only had used or with immense waits. I've almost finished my wait since last November. It'll be a little over a year for a blue bimmer.

·
Registered
2019 S with S21B and 16.2
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I'd like to hear your impressions of the Meridian sound system in the R1T compared to the I-Pace.

I'm in love with the 15 speaker Meridian system in my 2019 I-Pace.
How do you listen to music in your Ipace? I will compare apples to apples (except not sure about satellite radio in R1T) for you.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I did ABAB testing with a couple songs using lossless Apple Music via Bluetooth. The Jag was definitely better on Rasputin by Boney M. They were similar on Problem by Ariana Grande featuring Iggy Azalea. The Jag sounded generaly clearer but the trumpet got lost a little bit when all the instruments and voices were sounding at the same time.

·
Registered
First Edition - Photon Red - 20"
37 Posts
Random question, but where do you all set your equalizers on your I-Pace? I normally run a flat curve, but I'm starting to think that the Meridian system might benefit from cranking one or more ranges in the EQ.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 · (Edited)
So here is my opinion. Keep in mind I like the latest tech that makes my life better. They both feel luxurious in their own way. They seem to have similar efficiency for their form factor.

Overall I would rather drive the Jag for short drives. I would prefer the Rivian for long drives. The Rivian is better in many ways and it is difficult to comment on a pickup and a CUV (although I believe the Ipace is more like a tall sporty hatchback ). Here are the things the Ipace is better at:

Driving dynamics and handling (the R1T is a close second)
Steering feel and feedback
Better traction control (the pickup likes to needlessly spin tires while slowly adding torque to tires with grip)
Apple CarPlay and AA integration (not available in R1T, possibly could use Amazon Alexa to read and send texts)
Audio system (Meridian setting and a little extra bass)
The fob works better (need to push unlock on fob to access the R1T, but phone as a key works great)
Can turn off active cruise and just set a speed to avoid phantom braking on curvy roads that occur with both vehicles (one might be able to choose tow mode but that also turns off active emergency braking)
Reverse is very predictable
The Ipace has a glovebox and glasses holder (the R1T has small compartments behind calves that work but not as well)
Foot wave to open hatch
Fob battery lasts longer and gives better warning when getting low
Less issues with it at 30,000 miles than the R1T at 3,000 miles (all of the issues on both have been minor inconveniences)
Exclusivity considering there will be less Ipace on the road
It is much quieter at high speeds due to wind noise on the Rivian.

·
Administrator
3,258 Posts
So here is my opinion. Keep in mind I like the latest tech that makes my life better. They both feel luxurious in their own way. They seem to have similar efficiency for their form factor.

Overall I would rather drive the Jag for short drives. I would prefer the Rivian for long drives. The Rivian is better in many ways and it is difficult to comment on a pickup and a CUV (although I believe the Ipace is more like a tall sporty hatchback ). Here are the things the Ipace is better at:
Not even having driven a Rivian but having had an R1S on order for a while and having followed all the developments ... and having to wait until 2024 for it AAAHHH:

Great summary, thanks! I intend to do the same wrt type-of-drives. I-Pace is soooo much fun around town and the R1 just won't be that way. Whereas ... when the desert or the woods beckon in faraway places, the R1 will be the vehicle of choice.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Did I mention that my bmw is on a boat?
Off the coast of Cabo Wabo now... sigh

@sciencegeek when did you order the Rivian? As of today, it's been a year since i ordered the i4.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 · (Edited)
Thanks for details!
What does the R1T do better?
Here is a list of the things that I would want the Ipace to do better like the R1T:

Number one is DC charging. This prevents the Ipace from being a good long distance machine.
Number two is having too much roll stiffness. Over angled bumps at slow speed it has a resonant that is uncomfortable and it loses grip in a curve on bumpy roads.
Number three is the UI. It is great to use a phone as a key, not have to push a start/stop button, a stalk for PRND instead of buttons, climate control on screen instead push pull dial.
Number four is that it has 120v outlets.
Number five is responsiveness of the screen.
Number six is that the garage door opener works every time from far away.

In general the R1T handles excellent for a pickup in sport mode and soaks up the bumps in other modes. It accelerates like a scalded cat. Looks good but not as good as the Ipace. Has powerful air conditioned seats. It has more wind noise than I like.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Has air conditioned seats (not just ambient air).
Are you sure this isn't the other way around? As I understand it the I-pace has a Peltier cooler or something similar under the seats so they are actively cooled, whereas the Rivian's seats are described on their site as "ventilated" which to me implies they are just moving air, but are not actively cooled.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Oops. I sit corrected. How about I say the R1T will freeze your backside on level one of three in the fall. I will edit my post. I also added in the Jag has less wind noise.

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
2,242 Posts
Number two is having too much roll stiffness. Over angled bumps at slow speed it has a resonant that is uncomfortable and it loses grip in a curve on bumpy roads.
You have an S model probably without any dynamic suspension options.
Number three is the UI. It is great to use a phone as a key, not have to push a start/stop button, a stalk for PRND instead of buttons, climate control on screen instead push pull dial.
There are pros and cons to the using of a phone for a key. Valet parking, for example.
I find the buttons are a cleaner design given the few choices there are. A stalk would just get in the way.
Hmm. Mine has a lower screen with climate control features besides the dials. What are you looking for?
Number six is that the garage door opener works every time from far away.
Agreed. The response distance is inconsistent with no distinctive reason such as weather, sun position or anything else.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts