Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1,095 Posts
Would be interested to here your thoughts!

I have a R1S reservation and my current estimate is January-December 2024! Lol. Good thing I’m not holding my breath.

I was also concerned about the width of the Rivian. Good to hear you haven’t noticed a big difference.

· Registered
1,095 Posts
I was thinking recently that I’ve been seeing more Rivians around. And now that I think about it some more it might be the same grey Rivian that I’m seeing around. They are quite conspicuous.

· Registered
1,095 Posts
I'm of the strong belief that a number of these EV upstarts won't be here 5 years from now. Scaling production is incredibly difficult, and immense progress is needed to get to the numbers required to get to the point where they aren't burning billions a year. Tesla almost wasn't able to pull it off; with practically zero competition. Rivian has a solid cash position right now, but they are a long way off from being a viable company, and the incumbants are making quick progress on the EV front. That is the biggest concern I have from purchasing from them. Suppose you buy, and then they go defunct. That would be a massive problem.
Rivian seems to have a unique buzz and excitement about it. I honestly don’t see what advantage they have other than the brand image they are trying to create. But yeah, I don’t know how many of these are still going to be around

· Registered
1,095 Posts
Lol. I would say the same about Lucid. They have the weight to power ratio of their engines and bidirectional charging. That’s how they can advertise 300 miles of range in 20 min. When you have efficiency and charging advantages because of your patents.

· Registered
1,095 Posts
I find that the I pace garage door opened works the same as my clicker. It’s very good at opening the garage door from down the street. But for some reason it won’t close it at first. I have to hold the button down for a second or three (on both the i pace and the clicker).

I read somewhere that it could be the LED bulbs in the headlights interfering with the signals. But that could just be rumor. I had the same issue with my previous car, although it had LED headlights as welll

1 - 7 of 7 Posts