Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forgetting throttle response and the like, do you feel a difference in ride quality between the different driving modes? In theory, does the suspension stiffen up as you move upward through the driving modes with Eco the 'softest' and Dynamic the 'firmest'?

Just curious to get some thoughts from long term owners.

·
Super Moderator
2,267 Posts
I never drive in Eco because it's just too sluggish for my tastes but dynamic is definitely firmer than comfort in corners but I frankly can't determine a difference on standard roughish roads going straight. I don't often drive in dynamic any more because comfort is so well-dialed in and I prefer going a bit easier on the battery.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought the suspension damping might tighten up as you cycle through eco, comfort and dynamic. But based on what you’re saying, maybe not. I haven’t done these back to back to back tests.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
There is definitely characteristic differences in eco vs comfort vs dynamic. I drive in dynamic for the tighter, less bouncy suspension not for throttle response

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is definitely characteristic differences in eco vs comfort vs dynamic. I drive in dynamic for the tighter, less bouncy suspension not for throttle response
You're right. I had been using Eco and tried Comfort yesterday and I'm finding the ride is definitely less bouncy. I haven't tried the Dynamic setting yet as I'm trying to get a handle on range #s. At this point it looks like I'm in the 250-253 ballpark. That's actually better than I was getting with my S75 RWD.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Im going to test out the Eco vs Comfort ride quality this weekend on the same roads. I thought I was imagining the difference in ride quality.
Not sure why Eco would be stiffer

Reactions: sciencegeek

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im going to test out the Eco vs Comfort ride quality this weekend on the same roads. I thought I was imagining the difference in ride quality.
No, I'm saying the opposite. Eco is more bouncy and Comfort is a nicer, smoother ride with less of the oscillations. I've always found the stiffer the ride the more unyielding the suspension is. Eco is the opposite.

·
Super Moderator
2,267 Posts
Check if you can find a difference between Comfort and Dynamic on slightly rough roads going straight 🍺

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Apparently Eco mode uses less energy “adjusting” the ride, so that may translate to harsher? Depending on what takes most energy in adaptive suspension. I like stiff so my least preferred is actually comfort, I would have liked an even stiffer setting than dynamic. But then again I drive some cars that don’t even have a proper spring!

:)

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It seems some use stiff & bouncy interchangeably. To me bouncy is overly soft which is how I'd describe Eco, a bit too soft. A stiffer ride, at least as I'd describe it, would be more 'non-compliant' and unyielding.

·
Registered
997 Posts
I never noticed a difference between Eco and Comfort. Dynamic is close to comfort on the straights but rolls noticeably less in the corners. Are all of you reporting differences also people with active suspension? If you didn't get the upgraded suspension, only the throttle changes, not the ride.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've got the upgraded suspension and do feel a difference between Eco & Comfort. Comfort just seems somewhat less 'bouncy' to me. Of course it could be all in my head. ;)

·
Registered
602 Posts
I've got the upgraded suspension and do feel a difference between Eco & Comfort. Comfort just seems somewhat less 'bouncy' to me. Of course it could be all in my head. ;)
What's the upgraded suspension? In the US, they're all air suspension.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What's the upgraded suspension? In the US, they're all air suspension.
That‘s what I assumed he was talking about. I thought some cars just had the straight spring suspension, but you’re right, it seems all US cars are air only.

·
Registered
66 Posts
At first there really wasn't any difference between Eco and Comfort besides throttle response. With the H264 update they changed the torque vectoring for Eco which now uses the front motor to assist in the launch. Not as punchy but still pushes you back in your seat and I like the more even feel of the power distribution. I'd love to see what the same torque distribution would be like in the Dynamic setting :)

·
Registered
893 Posts
Post H264 Torque splits

Eco: 30/70R
Comfort: 0/100R
Dynamic: 50/50R

1 - 20 of 29 Posts