Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cats,

...she went into "sleep" and I returned to a full charge with no issues after seven days away! The car previously went to "sleep" when it spent a week at the dealer, so I am happy this mode actually works on my car.

Prior to leaving, I charged my car up to 100% and then left it sitting locked, unplugged in a locked reasonably well climate controlled residential garage in the height of the summer for seven consecutive days.

This isn't a humble brag or a boast-post either. There's also a lot of complaining about things going wrong etc. but it is helpful to report to the mob on when things go right.

I had a great time going for a rip last night because I truly missed the experience of it when I was away, what a car this is! it is so fun to drive.

·
Registered
629 Posts
If you know upfront that you gonna leave the car locked for a relatively long period, you can fill it up to 80-90% , not 100%, that would be better for the battery. For a period of 1 or 2 days, I would not bother too much about this, but 7 days and up, yes.

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
2,021 Posts
I've left mine hooked up to the charger and sitting in the garage for over 2 weeks. It didn't do anything either. It didn't even engage the charger. It just had a good long nap.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you know upfront that you gonna leave the car locked for a relatively long period, you can fill it up to 80-90% , not 100%, that would be better for the battery. For a period of 1 or 2 days, I would not bother too much about this, but 7 days and up, yes.

I was testing it out because wanted to see if it actually lost anything over the course of the week from it just sitting there.

·
Administrator
3,158 Posts
Lack of parasitic drain is one of the strong points of the I-Pace. IIRC, one forum member let it sit for 3 months (?) or something like that and we calculated that at the drain rate he observed it would take years to deplete completely.

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
2,021 Posts
Lack of parasitic drain is one of the strong points of the I-Pace. IIRC, one forum member let it sit for 3 months (?) or something like that and we calculated that at the drain rate he observed it would take years to deplete completely.
You calculated 7.4 years.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Yes. Jaguar definitely got the vampire drain right from the beginning. It seems to be a pretty common thing for EVs to lose a few percent each day just idle. Glad it doesn’t happen to our cats!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts