Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So... I got a restricted performance error the other day. Car wouldn't move. Drive or reverse wouldn't engage. Had to put in neutral and push it a few feet to a safe place. Came back a hour later and everything worked fine. Made a appointment to get it looked at and get the software updated.

I went from 16.2 to J8A2-70712-AZ. I'm not sure which version this is. As for the error code, they said they have to replace a mechanical switch. The neutral actuator switch and it will be about 4 to 5 weeks!

They gave me a f-pace for a loaner, but I miss my car! What are the odds that this is the correct diagnosis? Anyone else have this error code and what was the cause?

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
Your service techs seem to be responding promptly, I hope the part arrives ASAP. Lucky to get a loaner F-Pace, those available I-Pace demos must be getting low now.

A faulty console mounted neutral actuator switch has been mentioned on an I-Pace forum before, but I can't find the thread here.

Cheers, Steve

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You mean the switch button for neutral is having the trouble?
I haven't gotten the car back yet to see specifically what was done. I know they said that they had to drop the transmission (didn't know it even had one) to get to the part. They found a leak in a seal while they had everything apart and are now working on that as well. I should have the car back by Tuesday.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I would assume all is getting repaired properly. Not a ton of data on every error message and related symptoms.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I haven't gotten the car back yet to see specifically what was done. I know they said that they had to drop the transmission (didn't know it even had one) to get to the part. They found a leak in a seal while they had everything apart and are now working on that as well. I should have the car back by Tuesday.
The only part on the transmission or electric drive unit is the parking lock actuator.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The only part on the transmission or electric drive unit is the parking lock actuator.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
High. I don't remember exactly, but probably around 108, but I had just pulled it out of my garage a few miles back and the garage is air conditioned to about 87.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts