Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Last week, my screens went blank and I brought the car in. They did a software recovery and updated me to 19C at the same time. Unfortunately, the InControl software is still not working. I am nit getting any new journeys in the list the map in the Incontrol app still shows the last location of the car being somewhere before the screens went blank, and when I try to activate the Climate or set a departure, I get the message that says that "To conserve power, the InControl Remote system is now asleep and will wake when driven". IOf course I have driven many times and nothing has changed.

The dealer suggested to remove the App and reload, but that has not helped. I think the issue is with the car rather than some parting issue. Anyone seen this and solved it without returning to the dealer?

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
1,162 Posts
Hi,

Last week, my screens went blank and I brought the car in. They did a software recovery and updated me to 19C at the same time. Unfortunately, the InControl software is still not working. I am nit getting any new journeys in the list the map in the Incontrol app still shows the last location of the car being somewhere before the screens went blank, and when I try to activate the Climate or set a departure, I get the message that says that "To conserve power, the InControl Remote system is now asleep and will wake when driven". IOf course I have driven many times and nothing has changed.

The dealer suggested to remove the App and reload, but that has not helped. I think the issue is with the car rather than some parting issue. Anyone seen this and solved it without returning to the dealer?

Thanks.
I assume you are using the phone app. How about if you log in on a computer are you seeing anything there? Is the car still logged in? One way to check is to go to the nav and sync data.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I assume you are using the phone app. How about if you log in on a computer are you seeing anything there? Is the car still logged in? One way to check is to go to the nav and sync data.
Sorry, I forgot to mention that the web version does not have any newer info. I tried logging out/in again but no change,

There is a discrepancy between the last known location on the map, the last time the car checked in and journeys. The last known location of the car was at a charge station that I stopped at on my way on a ~500km (each way) overnight trip. There are additional journeys of the rest of the trip that day (that was the first of two charge stops, then the hotel, after which the screens went dead), then a few of the short trips I made the following morning (with the dead screens). The rest of the trip home are not logged. The last time the car checked in agrees with the last logged journeys were saved, but the last location was from 24hrs earlier, which is strange.

I am pretty sure the issue is with the car not starting the Remote app, which is why the phone app gives the sleep error message and neither the app nor the web page have any new info.

The service rep said that they were able to track the car on their computers while it was test driven, so he is confident the car is talking, but maybe it uses a different system, and the Remote function was maybe never fixed.

·
Super Moderator
2,350 Posts
I've noticed that the App updates to new information very slowly recently. I sometimes have to refresh twice to get the current location; sometimes it's out of sync where it shows the lock status correctly but the location is wrong. I suspect it's server-side problems.

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
903 Posts
Try this but not guaranteed to work. Power up the car, press and hold the overhead "optimized assistance" button (left button with the wrench symbol). It will blink. Continue to press until it starts to blink faster. Release the button and wait for it to stop blinking.

After that you can continue to use the car or power off.

It may fix the issue but it may still take a couple of days.

I had this problem early on. It would work for a few days then stop working then start working without explanation after several days. Eventually it became stable.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Weird update. I just checked the app again. Seems the car last updated 30 min ago. The app shows an updated charge status (charging and almost done) which is correct. It still has an old odometer reading and the map is still showing the location from days ago. Trying the climate button still says the car is asleep. Forcing an update does not work either.

Strange...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts