Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Did some exploratory poking around here. I'm going to go back on my word here - I saw some matte black wood vinyl that looked great.

The whole panel is held in by a pair of t20s. Just pop off the side panel, remove the screws, and the whole panel slides right out (just held in with some friction clips)

Looks like there are a few further t20s on the inside holding the finisher in place, but I didn't try removing it entirely yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
105 Posts
If you could release those panels from the dash it would be much easier to get a professional finish around the panel edges, no bumps or flappy bits. Matt finish should be better than full gloss too.

I think that the glove box that you have open in the photo can be dropped even lower after flexing the plastic stoppers on the sides. You may be able to get your hand or phone camera in there.

Cheers, Steve

·
Registered
15 Posts
If you could release those panels from the dash it would be much easier to get a professional finish around the panel edges, no bumps or flappy bits. Matt finish should be better than full gloss too.

I think that the glove box that you have open in the photo can be dropped even lower after flexing the plastic stoppers on the sides. You may be able to get your hand or phone camera in there.

Cheers, Steve
Yep. I didn't take a picture, but I popped it right out of the dash. The further t20s are holding in the finishing panel to the rest of the plastics.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Job done yet? Must have photos (y)

Cheers, Steve

·
Registered
15 Posts
Not my pic, but I bought some of this vinyl.

Comes on Monday, I'll take copious pics when I put it in :)
Screenshot_20201001-234709_Firefox.jpg

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did some exploratory poking around here. I'm going to go back on my word here - I saw some matte black wood vinyl that looked great.

The whole panel is held in by a pair of t20s. Just pop off the side panel, remove the screws, and the whole panel slides right out (just held in with some friction clips)

Looks like there are a few further t20s on the inside holding the finisher in place, but I didn't try removing it entirely yet.
Nice info. The piano black is just a bit loud for my tastes.

·
Registered
15 Posts
one down.. 5 to go :)

as promised, plenty of pics here. I had a hard time getting the exposure right on these - this vinyl is black. I'll point out the pics that are most reflective of reality.

first - pop out the side panel with a trim tool, then remove the 2 T20s you see behind it.

the entire unit just pulls out.

the finisher is held in by 4 t20s, and a few metal clips. remove the t20s, compress the metal clips, and pop them out.

you MAY need to remove the silver trim. I didn't need to pop it off prior to removal, but i did need to loosen it (plastic on plastic clips, so be careful,) prior to reassembly.

this pic is very representative of reality of the vinyl. Not going to go into how to wrap, if you're not comfortable with that part - reconsider this endeavor :)

way lighter than reality - my light sensor is getting super thrown by all the LEDs

cranked the ISO way down.

driver's side, and all 4 doors to go. Unfortunately, the door panels have to come off to remove the door finishers - they're held on with a T20. Might wait a bit for that one.

edit: front done

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yep. Planning on it. They have to come off - the finishers are held on from behind with a t20. Didn't feel like dealing with that job today - I'll get to it soon

21 - 33 of 33 Posts