Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Jaguar I-pace Model S
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We love our new 2020 model S but would have preferred wood trim. Has anyone been able to order the factory wood trim pieces and replace the gloss black pieces?

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
484 Posts
We love our new 2020 model S but would have preferred wood trim. Has anyone been able to order the factory wood trim pieces and replace the gloss black pieces?
Not sure if you have seen the "wood" trim pieces in person. Not worth the effort of installing. As someone familiar with Jaguars when wood trim was real wood, these are obviously fake, and so minimal it makes little sense - the tiny panel on the driver's side can hardly be seen behind the steering wheel. In fact I've only just noticed the panels on each door.
A textured fabric or carbon fibre would be splashier.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Without even looking, the cost of these pieces is going to be exorbitant. I did this mod on my macan - went from gloss black to aluminum. The factory price for the aluminum pieces was north of $2k - I ended up just waiting until I could find a used set. I'd venture to guess the list price from jaguar is going to be in the 1500-2k territory.

Unfortunately, aftermarket support is going to be minimal at best, unless production figures ramp up a lot, but I've been scouring aliexpress for a few weeks to see (I'd love to do the same, but I'd really like brushed aluminum)

·
Registered
59 Posts
I opted for the wood veneer. I like it much better than the gloss black plastic. It was only a $400 option. I can't imagine the panels would cost much more than that. The carbon fiber was $1300 and I like the wood better. I hope you find a way to get it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ok, I looked this up out of morbid curiosity.

Black ash : $2246 for 2 dash pieces and 4 door pieces

Carbon: about $2550 for the same 6

·
Registered
608 Posts
Don't they make some kind of matte film for the glossy black plastic bits? I mean they can cover an entire car but not bits of interiors? I know they have them for the Model 3.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Find a crashed car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Go to your local car wrapping joint and have them fix this for a couple of hundred dollars.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Eh. Sure, you can wrap pretty much anything. The model 3, though, has a craptastic interior out of the gate - that vinyl wrap matches perfectly with the 90s GM quality level.

As I see it, especially since I bought this car in large part for the interior quality, a wrap just wouldn't match the rest of the car.

Edit: no bias intended. I have plenty of parts wrapped on my Abarth (I've done them all myself) but there's a huge difference between that POS and an $85k jag :)

While I'm not the OP, I'm going to hold on touching this until I can get ahold of the oem aluminum (or carbon) pieces used.

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
684 Posts
Btw, the wood in the I-Pace is NOT fake wood or plastic. While it might not be to the taste or level of wood used in past Jags...it is wood!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I can't relate! We LOVE the Black Ash. It's been the trim we've preferred for several years, whether in our Jags or in our Mercedes SLs. So much classier and attractive, we think, than the "brown" wood-grain colors. But, of course, "Different strokes for different folks!" That's why they STILL make chocolate and vanilla, huh? Good Luck!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I totally agree with Thomas and have been very disappointed in the lack of Jaguar character with no interior wood trim. A Tesla model S allow you to trim out your car with a wide selection. I see very few iPace cars in California and believe that Jaguar does not meet full expectations given the price point. I have talked with some after market people about trimming out the dash and they say that there are too few cars here to make a product/products available.

Have any iPace owners found anything in Europe? Love the car but it is lacking in interior looks compared to what the Jaguar Brand of old would have demanded. This is my 5th Jaguar over the years and the brand has lost a step on cabin design.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello, I just purchased a new 20 SE and saw one I pace with the wood ash and I must say It was stunning. Almost bought the other car because of it. Mine comes with the piano black which is not really my cup of tea.
a minor gripe. I also asked the dealer about the ability to change out the black panels without success.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts