Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those warning labels on sun visors really annoy me.
I'm planning to remove them with a hair dryer, but I'm afraid some adhesive might stay.
Did anyone already remove them? Especially would be good to hear from someone with black headliner.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Those warning labels on sun visors really annoy me.
I'm planning to remove them with a hair dryer, but I'm afraid some adhesive might stay.
Did anyone already remove them? Especially would be good to hear from someone with black headliner.
Do you have the suede headliner?
I don't and I can't see how it's possible to remove

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have suede either.
I see videos of people removing them from cloth. Some with great results, others are left with glue residue on the visor.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
An auto detailer probably knows what to do. Myselef, I haven't ever noticed them. I did have my truck partially debadged once. Badges? We don't need no stinking badges!

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
1,245 Posts
I haven't removed these stickers and don't plan to. I'd rather turn off that silly light telling me the passenger air bag is off because nobody is sitting the seat (duh - I can see that). Talk about government regulations gone wild!

I've had success with sticky stuff removal from surfaces using Goo Gone or isopropyl alcohol. Test any product in a small, less visible location of the material.

·
Super Moderator
2,617 Posts
Regarding the stupid passenger air bag off sign ... a sharpie helps a lot, a sliver of black electrical tape does the job 100%. To me the sharpie is good enough

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
The spirit of Treasure of the Sierra Madre and Blazing Saddles lives on! (y)
Don't forget UHF.

Badgers? We don't need no stinking badgers!

Oh those three films, I've seen BS and UHF about the same number of times.

Reactions: CurtSprings2

·
Registered
158 Posts
I don't like these labels but I am not brave enough to experiment on the Jag.

I found this guy on YouTube showing the removal method using heat.

This next video below shows how to remove the remaining glue traces from the fabric.

Cheers, Steve

·
Registered
2019 I-Pace HSE - Borasco Grey
231 Posts
One pricey option would be to get European versions that don't have the airbag warning labels in the first place (on many cars in any case, not 100% sure on Jags). I guess if someone using a solvent-based removal method messes up their visors like I know some Porsche owners have done attempting to remove theirs, then you might as well buy the Euro ones as long as you are having to pay up anyway.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I don't like these labels but I am not brave enough to experiment on the Jag.

Cheers, Steve
I'm also afraid to touch it. I've seen this video you've sent. He had pretty good results. On the other hand there is this guy removing labels from his C7:
It looks absolutely terrible in my opinion, but he seems to be fine with it ;)

I like StormRune idea with European version. I'll look around how much that would cost me.

·
Registered
158 Posts
slawwach, this video is a good example of what can go wrong.

This guy seems to be using a paint stripper gun on the second (click) heat setting, I can see that he keeps on scorching his fingers. I think a lower heat (hair drier) breaks the glue to cloth bond sufficiently to peel the label with the glue still remaining stuck onto the label. Too much heat in this case seems to release the glue from the label and leaves a heavy layer of glue on the cloth instead.

The flat fan nozzle adapter on the hair drier in my 1st video seems to keep the required heat onto a much smaller part of the label and does not overheat and soften too much glue.

The end result is a disaster in my opinion, I would be upset if I had this result.

Cheers, Steve

1 - 15 of 15 Posts