Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All. My Jaguar remote app (v 2.12.0) just stopped commiunicating with vehicle (2019 HSE). Looks like the last time it registered a journey was two weeks ago.
On the remote "desktop" I have the message "The onboard telematics system is currently in sleep mode to help preserve the vehicle battery. To refresh the data, please start the ..." And there's where the message drops off.

I've seen other post regarding sleep-mode where the vehicle has been idle for extended periods; but, that's not my case. The car is driven daily. Hasn't been idle at all.
I don't always use the remote (pretty much only for preconditioning) so it took a while before I even realized there was an issue.

I've logged out and back into the app. I've removed and reloaded the app (iOS). And still no luck. Any suggestions?

· Registered
48 Posts
The APP is crap. I have contacted JLR via the APP under App Feedback many times to "gently" remind them of the continual problems it has. I encourage others to do the same. The APP on my phone will not connect to the car during charging without logging out and then logging in and then doing a rain dance to boot. I'm sure we are not the only ones unhappy with this arrangement.

· Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
2,273 Posts
I have not had a problem with the Jaguar app showing up-to-date info. However, I just had a 2 month period where the Rover app did not update its data (odometer reading, lock status, and range for example) but it would show me all the journeys I had taken in the same period. I took it out for a walk this afternoon and suddenly it is back to working properly. There's no explanation.

Yesterday, I was able to use the old version 1 app to access it and clear out old journeys. V1 was much easier to use for this function. I doubt it had any influence.

@Bucky, what version of TCU software is in your car? You can see this on the software update display. Is it 20.2? If not, get the dealer to push that out via TOPIx.

The app is communicating with the Jaguar servers not the car. The servers connect with the car. It needs a working TCU with up-to-date software to be able for that conversation to take place.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks @Bucky & @Ayepace. I can see/do nothing in the app. The desktop opens up but everything is ghosted.
I too sent a not-so-gently-nudge to JLR about the issue. Surprisingly, I got a response back (URL links to DIY stuff they recommend). I haven't really looked into the links yet.
I will take a look at the software version I'm running. That could be a "thing".

· Premium Member
2020 I-Pace S
137 Posts
I had a 3 day period a week or more ago where it was not updating. Several other commented they were experiencing the same - but then suddenly it was back to normal. I believe we all concluded that it was JLRs servers.

· Registered
48 Posts
I have not had a problem with the Jaguar app showing up-to-date info. However, I just had a 2 month period where the Rover app did not update its data (odometer reading, lock status, and range for example) but it would show me all the journeys I had taken in the same period. I took it out for a walk this afternoon and suddenly it is back to working properly. There's no explanation.

Yesterday, I was able to use the old version 1 app to access it and clear out old journeys. V1 was much easier to use for this function. I doubt it had any influence.

@Bucky, what version of TCU software is in your car? You can see this on the software update display. Is it 20.2? If not, get the dealer to push that out via TOPIx.

The app is communicating with the Jaguar servers not the car. The servers connect with the car. It needs a working TCU with up-to-date software to be able for that conversation to take place.
Holy crap....my software version say 19.2. I tried to get the car to check for updates and it indicates that there are none. Luckily, I'm taking the car in for MORE service as the seal on the driver's door frame has disintegrated in <2 years (great). I will have the dealership make sure the software is up to date. Thank you.

· Registered
First Edition - Photon Red - 20"
37 Posts
My app stopped responding the other day for a bit. I went out and started the car and then it started working again. The old turn it off and back on again IT trick...

· Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
2,273 Posts
If your car has been sitting for over 4 days, then it will require a rousing from its deep nap to get the car data transferring again to the servers. However, there are times when we've taken our cats and dogs for walks and the Jaguar and Rover apps don't reflect the updated data. It's as predictable as a 12V battery failure. ;)

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Holy crap....my software version say 19.2. I tried to get the car to check for updates and it indicates that there are none. Luckily, I'm taking the car in for MORE service as the seal on the driver's door frame has disintegrated in <2 years (great). I will have the dealership make sure the software is up to date. Thank you.
@Bucky Exactly!! I'm at 18.2 And my car has been in for service both scheduled and (thank you 12volt batteries and harness) Unscheduled. The app has not communicated with vehicle for a solid 3 weeks now. Vehicle has been driven pretty much every day. [sigh]

· Registered
2020 JaguarI-Pace
33 Posts
Hey All. My Jaguar remote app (v 2.12.0) just stopped commiunicating with vehicle (2019 HSE). Looks like the last time it registered a journey was two weeks ago.
On the remote "desktop" I have the message "The onboard telematics system is currently in sleep mode to help preserve the vehicle battery. To refresh the data, please start the ..." And there's where the message drops off.

I've seen other post regarding sleep-mode where the vehicle has been idle for extended periods; but, that's not my case. The car is driven daily. Hasn't been idle at all.
I don't always use the remote (pretty much only for preconditioning) so it took a while before I even realized there was an issue.

I've logged out and back into the app. I've removed and reloaded the app (iOS). And still no luck. Any suggestions?
Thank you for the heads up. I just double-checked mine as well and the last time it connected was 1 week ago. I don't check it too often because I find the WattCat app to be a more accurate and reliable app. You can search for WattCat in the Google Play app, but I am not familiar with apple store so you will have to explore if you are an apple user.

· Registered
2020 JaguarI-Pace
33 Posts

OHHH, there is an U-P-D-A-T-E. It doesn't show up in the google play store automatically, but if I go to the app like I want to delete it (I almost did) THEN it shows the option to update. Now everything works just fine on VERSION 2.13.0. Give it a try and let me know if you have a fully functional app like me.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Update…. App software v2.13.0 just pushed and the app immediately connected to the car!
Vehicle software is still reflecting v18.2 though, with “no software update available”. Heading into the JLR dealer next week. Let’s see if they can manually push. [again, I say… sigh]
Thanks All!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts