Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thanks for the feedback and from the pic that color looks awesome. I'm going to see if I can find one in that color. I agree with you on the oyster interior just wonder why I have so much jean staining even with the protection the dealer installed. Maybe their product, Smartshield isn't good.
Thanks for the compliment. I originally spotted the color when I saw a photo of some guy who I believe is quite famous stepping into a silicon silver iPace which he had as a loaner apparently (see the picture below). I am told he then went on to buy his own but since he isn't short of money and will one day inherit a kingdom when his ma dies, he went for one in Loire Blue which is a color that iPaces are not normally supplied in. I rather liked the Loire Blue too but was told it would cost another $12,000 or so if I spec'd it especially, so silicon silver it was.

Attachments

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Thanks for the compliment. I originally spotted the color when I saw a photo of some guy who I believe is quite famous stepping into a silicon silver iPace which he had as a loaner apparently (see the picture below). I am told he then went on to buy his own but since he isn't short of money and will one day inherit a kingdom when his ma dies, he went for one in Loire Blue which is a color that iPaces are not normally supplied in. I rather liked the Loire Blue too but was told it would cost another $12,000 or so if I spec'd it especially, so silicon silver it was.
Haha, nice!
Does the color have a gold or champagne tint to it? The dealer I'm working with is looking for one.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I would het heads up display and the option to change the interior lighting color. I would have also chosen grey instead of white.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have a FE Corris Grey, with Black interior, non-performance seats, and 20” wheels. I recall a reviewer stating that his blue jeans left stains on the white seats of the I-Pace he was reviewing. At times, I’ve regretted not getting 22” with summer performance tires, but the 20” are still great and do provide a more wife compliant ride. My other toy has low profile tires and wife hates the ride. The grey does blend in with the other majority of silver/black/grey vehicles on the road, which is perfectly fine for me, especially the times when my right foot gets a little over active. The front half of the dash is full leather wrapped with deviated stitching. The heated front window is great, especially useful to help clear off morning dew. The imbedded wires in the glass are not a problem for me, either during the day or at night. On the other hand, I typically wear polarized sunglasses during the day, which may mitigate the starry glare some readers have complained of. Polarized glasses adversely impact the readability of the HUD. I’ve only used the assisted steering with ACC a few times, but I simply prefer to drive without it activated. Note, I’ve rarely used the cruise control feature on my cars through my entire life.

Must haves: air suspension, adaptive dynamic ride suspension, powered lift gate, HUD, Premium lighting, 4 zone climate, suedecloth headliner, Meridian sound, cold package.

I also purchased wheel and tire, as well as, dent, glass, interior insurance. The cost of the latter was about twice what it would cost a pointless dent professional to remove 1 or 2 door dings, so I thought it was worth the cost. So far (knock on wood), I haven’t needed to use either insurance policy.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I have a FE Corris Grey, with Black interior, non-performance seats, and 20” wheels. I recall a reviewer stating that his blue jeans left stains on the white seats of the I-Pace he was reviewing. At times, I’ve regretted not getting 22” with summer performance tires, but the 20” are still great and do provide a more wife compliant ride. My other toy has low profile tires and wife hates the ride. The grey does blend in with the other majority of silver/black/grey vehicles on the road, which is perfectly fine for me, especially the times when my right foot gets a little over active. The front half of the dash is full leather wrapped with deviated stitching. The heated front window is great, especially useful to help clear off morning dew. The imbedded wires in the glass are not a problem for me, either during the day or at night. On the other hand, I typically wear polarized sunglasses during the day, which may mitigate the starry glare some readers have complained of. Polarized glasses adversely impact the readability of the HUD. I’ve only used the assisted steering with ACC a few times, but I simply prefer to drive without it activated. Note, I’ve rarely used the cruise control feature on my cars through my entire life.

Must haves: air suspension, adaptive dynamic ride suspension, powered lift gate, HUD, Premium lighting, 4 zone climate, suedecloth headliner, Meridian sound, cold package.

I also purchased wheel and tire, as well as, dent, glass, interior insurance. The cost of the latter was about twice what it would cost a pointless dent professional to remove 1 or 2 door dings, so I thought it was worth the cost. So far (knock on wood), I haven’t needed to use either insurance policy.

I really wish they made the full leather (Dash, doors) & The Alcantara headliner standard on this car. I gives it such a more luxurious feel

·
Registered
537 Posts
It’s standard on FE editions, and I really like it. Agree that it makes the car more luxurious.

YEs, the FE has almost all options and its a bargain IMO

I meant it should be standard when you get the Windsor leather option. Most dealers wont spec out their inventory with $2400 in extra options that they feel people wont even notice

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
I have most options, but the only thing I wish I had was the heated steering wheel. My last 2 Range Rovers and 3 BMWs had it and I actually like it more than heated seats.

I had to have Indus Silver with Ebony Windsor leather and white stitching....so I made sure I got that! I have many times in the past compromised on colour, and it eats a little at you every day!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I looked hard to find a Jag with heated seats, but without the heated windshield. I found 1 in Yulong White. We had electric wire seat heaters in our Ford Focus Electric and BMW X5 40e PlginHyb and we loved them, plus they are very efficient compared to heating the car with the water resistance heaters in the HVAC system. Surprise! The Jag doesn't have efficient electric wire seat heaters, it has HVAC ventilation blowing heaters, blowing warm wasteful air under the seats . What a waste and the owners manual shares that conclusion!
Give the USA cars the ability to get a Jag(like in the UK) without the heavy hot glass sunroof.
I would love to have a Jag without the tiny push button for opening the locked doors. Change it to a touch handle to unlock.
Give me a factory installed 1 1/4" receiver trailer hitch.

·
Super Moderator
1,558 Posts
The Jag doesn't have efficient electric wire seat heaters, it has HVAC ventilation blowing heaters, blowing warm wasteful air under the seats
The seat heaters don't take much energy, and at any rate this design is now quite common because it allows heated and cooled seats.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Heated seats, owner's manual

The seat heaters don't take much energy, and at any rate this design is now quite common because it allows heated and cooled seats.
Our BMW X5 40e has AC cooled blown seats and electric wire heated seats(They both work with the engine off). On my Ford Focus Electric with a scangauge, selecting 1 electric wire seat heater, used 0.4amps(136watts) when energized. The electric resistant water heater used more than 5kW when energized.

Jag Owners manual quote:
HEATED SEATS
NOTES
Heated seats consume a large amount of battery power.

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
I looked hard to find a Jag with heated seats, but without the heated windshield. I found 1 in Yulong White. We had electric wire seat heaters in our Ford Focus Electric and BMW X5 40e PlginHyb and we loved them, plus they are very efficient compared to heating the car with the water resistance heaters in the HVAC system. Surprise! The Jag doesn't have efficient electric wire seat heaters, it has HVAC ventilation blowing heaters, blowing warm wasteful air under the seats . What a waste and the owners manual shares that conclusion!
Give the USA cars the ability to get a Jag(like in the UK) without the heavy hot glass sunroof.
I would love to have a Jag without the tiny push button for opening the locked doors. Change it to a touch handle to unlock.
Give me a factory installed 1 1/4" receiver trailer hitch.
One of my MOST fav features of the Jaguar and Range Rover is that the heated seats blow warm, dry air and the seat cooling blows cold, dry air. The best.

Most other cars just have warming seat wires and the "cooling" seats are just ventilated.

The best heated and cooled seats I have ever been in are JLR!!!!

·
Super Moderator
1,558 Posts
I just measured it, in admittedly mild temperatures (50F). Set seat heater to 2. It drew 0.4 Amps at 400 V, so 1.6 kW. That's about 4 miles of range per hour. Not a big deal. The cabin heater uses 5x that.

Jeez, strike that. Math error. 160W, 0.4 miles per hour. :0

[That seems too low ?!?]

·
Registered
377 Posts
Just watch the I-pace's greatest entertainment feature (the guess meter) as you activate the climate control. It will drop several miles instantly. Turn on a heated seat (I suggest the one you're sitting on) and nothing happens even if set to 3. That's been my experience in much cooler temps.

And the heated steering wheel doesn't seem to affect the range either. This was a "must have" feature for me.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts