Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe this is already somewhere else and I didn't see it (sorry), are there any "first things", settings, etc. or recommendations you guys have for a new owner? Things you wish you knew early on in your ownership, settings that maybe aren't that obvious to newbies, other tips and hints?

I'm reading through the posts, it would be nice to start a consolidated thread (if it doesn't exist already) so new owners have a place to start.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
1,149 Posts
Maybe this is already somewhere else and I didn't see it (sorry), are there any "first things", settings, etc. or recommendations you guys have for a new owner? Things you wish you knew early on in your ownership, settings that maybe aren't that obvious to newbies, other tips and hints?

I'm reading through the posts, it would be nice to start a consolidated thread (if it doesn't exist already) so new owners have a place to start.

Thanks!
The default 360 camera view screen on mine wasn’t that helpful. I didn’t realize until a month in that it could be changed to a 3 pane view that was actually useful

·
Registered
49 Posts
You can make multiple screens on your main infotainment screen. Then pick the one you want to be your 'Home' screen. For example, I made my Home screen filled with quick dial numbers, the clock and my favorite radio stations. Then made another screen - 1 swipe to the left - with all my favorite EV icons/settings. I just have to swipe left or right from one screen to the next to get where I want -- without moving endlessly through all the icons/apps I'm not interested in.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The default 360 camera view screen on mine wasn’t that helpful. I didn’t realize until a month in that it could be changed to a 3 pane view that was actually useful
Is this an option? When I select "cameras" I only see the one behind the car, I thought once I saw a top down overview, but it wasn't a camera, it was a grey circle. Is this an option I didn't get?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's another question (I read the manual and my eyes are still crossed). Can you set the "height" (I don't know what else to call it) so it rises up on entry and exit? I guess it lowers while you're driving automatically? But higher getting in and out would be nice. If that even makes sense.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
1,149 Posts
Is this an option? When I select "cameras" I only see the one behind the car, I thought once I saw a top down overview, but it wasn't a camera, it was a grey circle. Is this an option I didn't get?
I honestly do not know what is standard vs options on the various trim levels, but your window sticker should list if you have 360 or not.

The non intuitive part of the JLR interface is the ‘settings’ icon access different menus dependent on what screen you are on. To make changes to the camera settings you have to be in camera views and then go to settings to make changes.

This is similar to controlling the volume of different things. For instance the nav needs to be actively using sound in order to adjust the volume!

·
Super Moderator
1,149 Posts
Here's another question (I read the manual and my eyes are still crossed). Can you set the "height" (I don't know what else to call it) so it rises up on entry and exit? I guess it lowers while you're driving automatically? But higher getting in and out would be nice. If that even makes sense.

Thanks
I always had mine set for Access height, which is the lowest setting. So the car would drop down when shut off. I do believe the car will remain in off-road height as long as you do not go faster than 50mph. Once you cross that limit, the car will go to comfort height and not return to off-road height unless you push the button again.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hope you guys don't mind the questions. Thanks for the feedback.

So, what gets set in the user profile? Does it include ambient lighting? I don't see how to default to navigation when I start the car each time. Is that possible? Oh, and when I am in navigation, and get a text message, there is no display notification of any kind, just a chime. Is that all there is? We had Jeep and it would overlay a screen no matter what display was on.

I think I have a lot to learn on the displays. I also think the 360 must have been a camera option I didn't get.

And another question, I have the park assist, and it can't find a parking spot for anything. I went to an empty parking lot and drove around for 10 minutes, when it finally thought it found a space, it actually parked in a driving lane. Any thoughts on that one?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
1,149 Posts
I hope you guys don't mind the questions. Thanks for the feedback.

So, what gets set in the user profile? Does it include ambient lighting? I don't see how to default to navigation when I start the car each time. Is that possible? Oh, and when I am in navigation, and get a text message, there is no display notification of any kind, just a chime. Is that all there is? We had Jeep and it would overlay a screen no matter what display was on.

I think I have a lot to learn on the displays. I also think the 360 must have been a camera option I didn't get.

And another question, I have the park assist, and it can't find a parking spot for anything. I went to an empty parking lot and drove around for 10 minutes, when it finally thought it found a space, it actually parked in a driving lane. Any thoughts on that one?

Thanks
Do you have a S, SE, HSE or First Edition?

The park assist is essentially nonfunctional, I wouldn’t bother with it.

Sorry I don’t remember enough about the Smart Profiles except to say actual functionality didn’t match the promises.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do you have a S, SE, HSE or First Edition?

The park assist is essentially nonfunctional, I wouldn’t bother with it.

Sorry I don’t remember enough about the Smart Profiles except to say actual functionality didn’t match the promises.
The S, but with "drive pack" (adaptive cruise, blind spot, lane assist, etc.), and some other niceties added on. Quite a few, looking at the sticker.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
You can make multiple screens on your main infotainment screen. Then pick the one you want to be your 'Home' screen. For example, I made my Home screen filled with quick dial numbers, the clock and my favorite radio stations. Then made another screen - 1 swipe to the left - with all my favorite EV icons/settings. I just have to swipe left or right from one screen to the next to get where I want -- without moving endlessly through all the icons/apps I'm not interested in.
I would love a screen with quick dial numbers. I've read the manual (before I get yelled at, Lol) but I am still not sure how to do it. It would be great not to have to go into the telephone menu and then scroll thru recents!
Care how to share how you did this? :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
I also think the 360 must have been a camera option I didn't get.
To find out, bring up the cameras by pressing the camera icon at the bottom of the main center screen. On the cameras screen that comes up, the different camera view options are on the left. If you have it, the top one should say 360 inside a circle. I guess if that's not there you don't have the feature.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here's one, when i start the car, it's always in comfort mode, and I have to switch it to Eco. I can't seem to find out how to make that the default driving condition.

Help?

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar i-Pace HSE
235 Posts
Here's one, when i start the car, it's always in comfort mode, and I have to switch it to Eco. I can't seem to find out how to make that the default driving condition.

Help?
That's expected. JLR designed the i-Pace to always revert to Comfort mode. Rather annoying to us, but apparently required for the EU.

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
That's expected. JLR designed the i-Pace to always revert to Comfort mode. Rather annoying to us, but apparently required for the EU.
It should really start in ECO as that is the highest range. When my car is 100% charged and I check the Jaguar Remote app, the range number is for Eco, but when I start my car since it is in default Comfort mode....the range guesstimate is lower.

This morning my car was 100% charged and the app said 256 miles. When I started my car, the range said 250. Putting the car into Eco, and the range went back to 256, just like the app said before I started.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Your preference for ECO as default reflects your location in Southern California ;) When you engage ECO mode it turns off seat and steering wheel heat, and it lowers the output of the heater. I've been switching to ECO before half of my commutes, but here in MA in winter I don't really see any meaningful efficiency difference after turning the heat back on.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I read something about the WattCat app.
anyone using it?
I downloaded, but am still car-less, end of 9 days and counting

·
Registered
25 Posts
THANK YOU for this-
I am really happy with my home screen now

1 - 20 of 21 Posts