Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just noticed this recently since I usually don't ride in the back seat. When the switches (either the ones on the driver side or the ones at the rear) for the rear windows are depressed fully, do the rear windows, at first attempt, go all the way down or do they open only about a couple inches down. You need to press the switches fully again for the rear windows to fully down. Is this normal?

·
Registered
427 Posts
I've just noticed this recently since I usually don't ride in the back seat. When the switches (either the ones on the driver side or the ones at the rear) for the rear windows are depressed fully, do the rear windows, at first attempt, go all the way down or do they open only about a couple inches down. You need to press the switches fully again for the rear windows to fully down. Is this normal?
I don't recall having to push the switch twice. Will try later today. Perhaps I've been doing a long press to get the rear windows to auto down and auto up. My dog rides with us often on the weekends so we do short presses to get the window down a bit, and I do the full switch press to get them to go down automatically. Again, don't recall having to double press.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I would say they should open and close fully when pressed/pulled fully. Maybe the went out of calibration (it happens in many brands - drop of 12V battery charge, etc).

To re-calibrate:

in the driver doors, press and hold the switch for selected rear door's windows until it will fully open. Then pull and hold until it will fully close. You may need to repeat it it wont work the first time to calibrate the window's mechanism.

Please let me know if that helped.

·
Super Moderator
1,148 Posts
Mine work as I would expect them to; the same as any car I have owned in recent memory. If I press and let go (short press) I control the opening/closing. If I press and hold (long press) they open/close all the way. If I do two quick short presses it treats it as a long press and the windows fully open/close

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What I meant to say was that for both rear windows, if the switches are pressed for auto down initially, they only open about a certain amount maybe 2-3 inches. When pressed for auto down again, then they fully go down. When pressed for auto up, both rear windows go fully close up.

Tried re-calibrating to see if behavior will change. They didn't.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Actually I think I have found out a good reason why. Next time you are driving around 60-70 mph try rolling rear windows down BELOW the first click stop point with front windows rolled up. You will notice a SIGNIFICANT low frequency resonance in the car (most cars have something like this, that’s why I’ll usually crack one front and opposite rear to prevent). The first stop allows for ventilations WITHOUT any resonance, which is great. So its perfect for simply opening the rear for ventilation without acoustic issues, and of course you can always push past it.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Lexus version

HI,

On my RX450h (to be replaced when my iPace arrives in October), the window switches have two levels with a tiny bit of tactile resistance between. the first level opens/closes as long as pressed, and tapping all the way invokes the auto up/down. I really appreciate the attention to detail on the RX and would have jumped on an EV version has they not made the failed bet on hydrogen and fuel cells. Jaguar have a chance to create a convert.

Many cars have rear windows that stop a few inches from the bottom. I always understood that as a child safety measure so they can't stick an arm (or themselves) out the window. My sunroof has the stop early when opening to prevent that sound pressure oscillation that can only be avoided by opening another window (same with my old 2000 Golf GTI).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts