Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah why would anyone in their right mind post about the defrost button on a warm June day?
I'm talking about the icon in the upper right corner of the lower touchscreen.
Turns out that it comes on when I press the Max A/C button. Huh? And then it doesn't turn off when I press the Max A/C button to turn A/C off. Defrost stays on! And it's actually on because I can see the power draw via my OBD tool.
Anyone else have that behavior? 馃嵑

Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
Not mine, or I haven't noticed and it turns off after a short time.

The only irritating gripe I have of the rear defrost is that the side mirror heating is tied to it. I've parked the car outside occasionally and in the morning there may be dew on the mirrors but not the rear window. The mirror heating could dry them out but that would require the rear window to be heated too. Worse yet, the exterior temperature has to be low enough (freezing and below it seems) to heat the side mirrors. There's no way to clear the dew from the mirrors other than wiping them off.

I do have a mirror sized squeegee but my arm isn't long enough to reach the right side (with window down of course).

I have other vehicles with side mirror heating independent of other heating.

Registered
I actually think it's quite common to have the defogging of the side view mirrors tied to the rear window defroster...at least in cars I've owned.

Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
I have vehicles where they are separated functions on higher trims and integrated function on base trim. I don't have the base trims.

The irritating part comes from JLR choice to also use outside temperature as a determining factor. Unless the temp is near/below 32F, activating the rear window defogger/defroster does not active mirror heating, unless they changed anything in S20A. I haven't had an opportunity to test it since getting that update.

Premium Member
Not mine, or I haven't noticed and it turns off after a short time.

The only irritating gripe I have of the rear defrost is that the side mirror heating is tied to it. I've parked the car outside occasionally and in the morning there may be dew on the mirrors but not the rear window. The mirror heating could dry them out but that would require the rear window to be heated too. Worse yet, the exterior temperature has to be low enough (freezing and below it seems) to heat the side mirrors. There's no way to clear the dew from the mirrors other than wiping them off.

I do have a mirror sized squeegee but my arm isn't long enough to reach the right side (with window down of course).

I have other vehicles with side mirror heating independent of other heating.
Here is a thought. Small squirt bottle located in driver's door storage bin filled with water. Open right front window and squirt until the desired effect is obtained. This is how my Velar clears the rear camera when those rain drops blur the lens. Of course there is a nozzle directing washer fluid onto the lens (sort of like a squirt bottle). I really do have to get a life like my wife has advised.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts