Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone happen to know how the rear spoiler is mounted? I scrapped mine up pretty good in a parking garage. Wish rear hatch had sensors so it would stop when detecting an object.

I'm thinking of just replacing it vs having a body shop work on it. Probably mounted with an adhesive.

·
Super Moderator
1,158 Posts
If you find yourself in spaces with low ceilings often, you may want to consider decreasing the default opening height.

·
Super Moderator
1,158 Posts
If you find yourself in spaces with low ceilings often, you may want to consider decreasing the default opening height.
How does one do that?
Check the iGUIDE/Owner’s Manual if this doesn’t work, but it should:

TAILGATE OPENING HEIGHT

The maximum opening height can be set as required:
Open the tailgate to the position required as the maximum height. Press any tailgate control to stop movement at the required position. The final position can be achieved manually, if required.
Make sure the tailgate is stationary for at least 3 seconds.
Press and hold the tailgate close button for 10 seconds to set the maximum opening height.
Close the tailgate, then open again to check that it opens to the set height.
NOTE
To reset the maximum opening height, repeat the process, but when the tailgate reaches its current set height, manually move it to the fully open position before pressing and holding the button.
The powered tailgate may lose its position memory if there are multiple object detections or, if the battery voltage is low. Powered operation may be inhibited.
To reset the tailgate:
Manually close the tailgate.
Press a release button.
Allow the tailgate to power fully open, or to the previously set position.
Press and release the close button.
Allow the tailgate to power close fully. The tailgate's programmed memory is now restored.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Rear Spoiler

Anyone happen to know how the rear spoiler is mounted? I scrapped mine up pretty good in a parking garage. Wish rear hatch had sensors so it would stop when detecting an object.

I'm thinking of just replacing it vs having a body shop work on it. Probably mounted with an adhesive.
According to Topix the rear spoiler is bolted on to the hatch. Remove the hinge covers, remove 4 retaining nuts under the covers 1 retaining nut midpoint between the 2 hinges, 3 plastic (?) clips between the 2 hinges, use a screw driver to unlatch the spoiler release mechanism on both ends of the spoiler, carefully disconnect 2 electrical connectors, lastly lift spoiler off.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I had mine replaced and wrapped. You can follow my pic. New ones aren't terrible expensive - under $250

1 - 8 of 8 Posts