Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
Lately I noticed that intermittently the rear seat still is recognized as occupied, even the person left the car (with ignition on). When i drive again the LED for NO seat belt is on and alarm noise as well. I have to stop, turn ignition off and on again for it to disappear.
Anyone had the same?
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
1,044 Posts
What model year is yours? Have you tried to buckle and unbuckle the seat belt? It could be a stuck switch in the buckle.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the car believes someone is seated without buckle inserted. Probably buckle sensor broken or seat sensor broken. I will see the dealership to fix few other issues (frozen doorhandles [service note fix available], TCU OTA update not working) Let's see what he finds out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So, just picked up my I-pace from the dealership. The explanation for what they call normal behaviour. The back seats only have a buckle sensor, not a seat sensor. If a person unbuckles on a back seat, the warning signal only turns off after 1 minute with igniton on. To get rid of the signal, I have to powercycle. Looks like the other 2 I-pace they had, have the same. Thinking it through, this delay could well be a security feature, in case children open the buckle while driving?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts