Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Have installed and used the rear mounted cycle rack a few times now and always have the same issue that the bikes that are below the weight requirement seem to lean outwards all the time. seems to be a design issue with the bar that it leans and have tighted as much as i physically can but always get same issue

any ideas at all please

·
Registered
26 Posts
you need to pull the silver "u" post out and shove it back into the bracket there. if it's not seated properly in there it will do this. i dont know why they have this feature, i wish the rack folded up, but it doesnt. it only tilts down when you step on the foot pedal.

·
Registered
10 Posts
you need to pull the silver "u" post out and shove it back into the bracket there. if it's not seated properly in there it will do this. i dont know why they have this feature, i wish the rack folded up, but it doesnt. it only tilts down when you step on the foot pedal.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm pretty sure the tilt-down feature is so you can access the rear hatch when the bikes are loaded. I've had other racks that do this.
Is this the rack that JLR sells? Would you mind telling me how much it is installed? Here in the US they want $1,100 for a rack that only holds one bike. Also, I'm leasing, so I'm not sure if the rack would invalidate the warranty.
It's an SUV, so you would think users would want to put racks of varying nature on it, although it's design is maximized for aerodynamics.

·
Registered
26 Posts
There’s about 10 or so left in inventory and it’s been discontinued in the USA. I posted a list of dealers that have some in another thread on this subject. Shoot for <$700 shipped.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts