Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Congratulations ! At least you managed to source the correct bike carrier. I waited for two months for my carrier to be sent over from Jaguar UK, only to unpack it and discovery that I had been sent a tow hitch mounted carrier. I have now given up on the idea and come to the conclusion that The I-Pace is an excellent and very proficient EV but it should not be categorised as an SUV. To call a vehicle an SUV when it has no capacity to tow is a total misnomer. My wife and I have cancelled our plans to purchase a second I-Pace for our home in The United Kingdom, favouring waiting for a practical alternative from a different manufacturer. I hope that your bike carrier works our for you. My best regards, James.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I have done the easy part. Strange fact: you have to screw the bike carrier into the car counter clockwise, which is not intuitive. I though there were a problem here.
The tow bar is a counter-clockwise thread. Not sure why this is the case.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We were able to attach the 2 bicycle rack; however, we're still trying to figure out how to connect the 8-pin power connector. If anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears :).

We are having the same problem. The little hatch where the tail light connector should plug in is missing on our ipace. Did you have any success since you first posted this? I'd be grateful for any advice. We are contacting our dealer too, but they seem clueless about accessories.

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
669 Posts
See my previous post and follow the link to the installation instructions for the bike carrier harness accessory. It is sold separately.

·
Registered
2 Posts
See my previous post and follow the link to the installation instructions for the bike carrier harness accessory. It is sold separately.
Thank you so much for your reply. That's brilliant. We had been sold the accessory but had no idea how to fit it. We are off to take the instructions in your link to our local Jag service center and ask them to install it. It's almost as funny as making sure the carrier is not too close to the exhaust. Thanks again! Very grateful!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Is it because it threads into the tow hook places? Tow hooks are counter-clockwise.
My Lexus was not counter-clockwise so I was very confused the first time I tried to put the kayak on the roof and put the tow hook in. I made a nice holder for the Lexus that had a carabiner type adapter at the end so I could easily sling a loop into the hook. I got the rod from the Home Depot and locked the hook in between 2 nuts that I pinned so they could not come loose. Shame to have to too that away and reverse threaded bars are not so easy to find.

·
Registered
97 Posts
We were able to attach the 2 bicycle rack; however, we're still trying to figure out how to connect the 8-pin power connector. If anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears
From what I see you have a European 13 pin coupling(5 pins are not installed in your coupling) that needs to go to a 4 pin North American coupling or a 7 pin coupling. If you access the instructions for installing the I-Pace European ball hitch( JAGUAR Accessory Fitting Instructions ) you will see that there is a connector in the rear hatch area that has the 4 wires you need to power the taillights on the bike rack. This plug is on the North American I-Pace. I cut the plug off and hooked up to it with a 4 wire flat connector when I installed my trailer hitch. The wires are color coded to match Green, Yellow, Brown and Black(?). I ran the wire per the European instructions. I had the bumper off when I did this. You may be able to run the wires just by taking the 2 easy to get to panels under the bumper. Since I was installing a trailer hitch I sawed a hole in the rear air straightner to run the receiver hitch and wiring through. Look to the internet for a 13 pin connector adapter to a 4 pin adapter. The plug in the car has a sensing voltage to it that will cause LED tail lights to glow even when the car isn't running. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
24 Posts
So it's pretty much impossible to get this now. (PN T4K1178) Harper Jaguar said they can no longer get them. A few other dealers i called said they dont have an cannot get. I guess we are abandoned by Jag in the US for a rear mounted cycle rack and no hitch to use the aftermarket.

·
Registered
24 Posts
So it's pretty much impossible to get this now. (PN T4K1178) Harper Jaguar said they can no longer get them. A few other dealers i called said they dont have an cannot get. I guess we are abandoned by Jag in the US for a rear mounted cycle rack and no hitch to use the aftermarket.
Finally found one in Chicago, will be arriving in a few days, Weschester, PA has one, as well as Jaguar of Indianapolis if anyone wants them.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Finally found one in Chicago, will be arriving in a few days, Weschester, PA has one, as well as Jaguar of Indianapolis if anyone wants them.
Thanks Humpbackbird. I'm still waiting for mine from Harper, which I ordered about a month ago. They told you they cannot get them anymore, so I'm expecting cancellation and will be looking for another place.

·
Registered
24 Posts
hear's the rest of my research - hope this can help someone else out. there's only <10 left in the USA

Westchester 610-436-0600

Indy 317-848-7447 $860 – 20% coupon $735 total plus shipping

Northville ill 847-446-6665

Illinois 630-230-9115

SOCAL 310-798-0550 they have 2 list price only. ($860)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Got mine from the Jaguar dealer in Jacksonville, FL for $570 including tax and shipping off of eBay. May want to call them and see if they have any more in stock.

Quick question though, if I never plan on using the electrical connection, should I just cut it off?

·
Registered
2019 I-Pace First Edition
3 Posts
I would like to sell my bicycle Jaguar Rack. This is a brand new rack. Was installed, but never used. We paid $775 USD. Will sell for $675. Must pick up in Bellevue, WA. Too heavy and bulky to ship. Email me directly for more info: [email protected]

·
Registered
24 Posts
Got mine in the mail today - some install points:
1. put a bit of grease on the threads, it helped a lot.
2. i removed all the plate and lights, looks good and lighter.
3. annoying that the keys dont all fit the three locks.

Looks great and feels solid.

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar i-Pace HSE
293 Posts
From what I remember reading, when the electrical connection is hooked up, it disables the cross-traffic detection alerts, but shouldn't affect the blind spot warning.

41 - 60 of 63 Posts