Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Good morning, I was not aware that the option had been discontinued in The US. If this is indeed the case, I would imagine that it is resistance to the price which have proved it’s undoing. It can certainly not be described as a bargain ! A number of Jaguar dealers who still appear to have the option in stock, most of whom are discounting it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Good morning, I was not aware that the option had been discontinued in The US. If this is indeed the case, I would imagine that it is resistance to the price which have proved it’s undoing. It can certainly not be described as a bargain ! A number of Jaguar dealers who still appear to have the option in stock, most of whom are discounting it.
Care to share a link?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi, the option has apparently not been discontinued but instead has a different part number. The bike carrier is now part number T4N31495 and the wiring kit ( if you feel you need it ) is part number T4K1472. I spoke to half a dozen Jaguar dealers, most of whom had no experience of either selling or fitting the option. Finally fell upon Logan at Harper Jaguar in Tennessee ( Tel. 865 223 2424 ) who new the correct part numbers, has sold several and offers a respectable discount for ordering online. I got both parts including shipping to Florida for around $1,020.00. Not cheap but the dealer who sold me my I-Pace wanted well over $1,500.00 plus tax fitted. Hope that this is of assistance. My best regards, James.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi, the option has apparently not been discontinued but instead has a different part number. The bike carrier is now part number T4N31495 and the wiring kit ( if you feel you need it ) is part number T4K1472. I spoke to half a dozen Jaguar dealers, most of whom had no experience of either selling or fitting the option. Finally fell upon Logan at Harper Jaguar in Tennessee ( Tel. 865 223 2424 ) who new the correct part numbers, has sold several and offers a respectable discount for ordering online. I got both parts including shipping to Florida for around $1,020.00. Not cheap but the dealer who sold me my I-Pace wanted well over $1,500.00 plus tax fitted. Hope that this is of assistance. My best regards, James.
OK great - i'll inquire on this with that dealer, do you like the unit?

·
Registered
123 Posts
I finally unpack the bike carrier I bought last Christmas, on ebay. I have a dilemma. I don't like the way you have to mount the electrical plug on the car. The bottom of the car is completely flat, and now you have this ugly piece of plastic, not very aerodynamic, that can be destroyed by a malicious rock or a block of ice.

When I look at the instructions for a tow bar, it seems that JLR provide a small plastic cover (K) to hide the electrical plug inside the car, and it looks like a way better solution. Unfortunately this cover is not part of the bike carrier package.
I would be nice if someone could 3D print it. I can't find it as a spare part alone.

If you have installed the bike carrier, how did you manage this problem. Did you follow the official instruction ?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I finally unpack the bike carrier I bought last Christmas, on ebay. I have a dilemma. I don't like the way you have to mount the electrical plug on the car. The bottom of the car is completely flat, and now you have this ugly piece of plastic, not very aerodynamic, that can be destroyed by a malicious rock or a block of ice. View attachment 3972

When I look at the instructions for a tow bar, it seems that JLR provide a small plastic cover (K) to hide the electrical plug inside the car, and it looks like a way better solution. Unfortunately this cover is not part of the bike carrier package.
I would be nice if someone could 3D print it. I can't find it as a spare part alone.

View attachment 3973

If you have installed the bike carrier, how did you manage this problem. Did you follow the official instruction ?
Did you finish the install. I’m interested in the bike rack but would likely skip the electrical part.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Did you finish the install. I’m interested in the bike rack but would likely skip the electrical part.
Hi, sadly Jaguar UK have not yet delivered the bike carrier to the dealer. Apparently their supplier has been shut down during the CV19 crisis. It is due to arrive with the dealer on 2nd July and should be with me within a week.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have done the easy part. Strange fact: you have to screw the bike carrier into the car counter clockwise, which is not intuitive. I though there were a problem here. I have not decided yet what I will do this the electrical wire. For the license plate, apparently , in Quebec, it is allow to drive without another one on the carrier.

IMG_1138.png

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
353 Posts
I have done the easy part. Strange fact: you have to screw the bike carrier into the car counter clockwise, which is not intuitive. I though there were a problem here. I have not decided yet what I will do this the electrical wire. For the license plate, apparently , in Quebec, it is allow to drive without another one on the carrier.

View attachment 4022

View attachment 4023

View attachment 4024
On the 3rd picture, I see a key still in the attachment to the car. Does this mean that the rack can be easily removed from the car, leaving the mounting pieces still screwed into the car?

·
Registered
11 Posts
On the 3rd picture, I see a key still in the attachment to the car. Does this mean that the rack can be easily removed from the car, leaving the mounting pieces still screwed into the car?
Hi Dernotte, it looks great !! I am looking forward to receiving mine. Sadly it will arrive just before we return home to The UK ! Will have to wait until next winter to put it to good use.

A previous post did mention the rather unusual lefty tighty fixing anomaly. It is probably for safety reasons.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm trying to get this rack for quite some time now. I bought it from 2 places just to learn, after a week or two later, that they don't have it and part is not offered in US anymore.
Where did you get yours?

I'm also still a bit confused with part number, so there is: T4K1178, but there is also T4K1179. Not sure what the difference is, but installation guide for both seems to be the same:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm trying to get this rack for quite some time now. I bought it from 2 places just to learn, after a week or two later, that they don't have it and part is not offered in US anymore.
Where did you get yours?

I'm also still a bit confused with part number, so there is: T4K1178, but there is also T4K1179. Not sure what the difference is, but installation guide for both seems to be the same:
Hi, I was informed by Logan at Harper Jaguar in Tennessee that the part numbers had changed. The bike carrier is now T4N31495 and the wiring kit is T4K1472. The problem appears to be that the manufacturer of the accessory was in shut down during the pandemic crisis and has only recently reopened for business. All of the accessories are on back order and running approximately one month late. I hope that this helps.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi, I was informed by Logan at Harper Jaguar in Tennessee that the part numbers had changed. The bike carrier is now T4N31495 and the wiring kit is T4K1472. The problem appears to be that the manufacturer of the accessory was in shut down during the pandemic crisis and has only recently reopened for business. All of the accessories are on back order and running approximately one month late. I hope that this helps.
Thanks for that info!

Interesting that only Harper seems to have T4N31495. I cannot find it on any other portal.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks for that info!

Interesting that only Harper seems to have T4N31495. I cannot find it on any other portal.
Hi, I rang at least six Jaguar dealers before finding Harper Jaguar. None of them had ever sold a bike carrier let alone fitted one. Logan at Harper hand sold several and was able to supply the amended part numbers. You might wish to give him a call on 865 223 2424, he runs Internet part six sales. He also offered the best prices with very reasonable shipping costs.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Once your have screwed the rack into the car, by twisting the handle with your hand, there is a plastic cover to "protect" and prevent from accessing it. That cover is locked with a key.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Where did you get yours?

I was not able to have it from a local Canadian dealer, and found one from a reseller in UK on ebay at a very good price even with the shipping to Canada.
I think I've read that it is made by Thule for Jaguar. This one seems to be a far relative : Thule EasyFold XT 2

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
353 Posts
Once your have screwed the rack into the car, by twisting the handle with your hand, there is a plastic cover to "protect" and prevent from accessing it. That cover is locked with a key.

View attachment 4025

View attachment 4026
Thanks. Not as convenient as I hoped. How long would you estimate installation takes? Is it a case of installing as needed and then removing on returning home?

·
Registered
2019 I-Pace First Edition
3 Posts
We were able to attach the 2 bicycle rack; however, we're still trying to figure out how to connect the 8-pin power connector. If anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears :).

21 - 40 of 63 Posts