Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to disable the rear hatch foot wave feature? i have a rear cycle mount and dont want to accidentally have this happen.

thanks

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
If you can even intentionally open the boot by waving your foot, I would be impressed.
I laughed. There's a technique to it. Go to a corner sensor. Kick towards it and pull back quickly. I'd say it works for me 80+% of the time. Usually when it doesn't work, the car has been sitting and I don't have the keys in my pocket.

Reactions: Deutsch100

·
Registered
361 Posts
I don't think I have that feature. I have had the oposeit "feature". On more than one occasion, the hatch started closing on me while leaning in the hatch (or when my dog is getting in/out). Not a good thing. If I pull away and just stand there, the hatch starts to close, often stopping half way and either trying again, or opening.

Anyone experience this?

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
1,248 Posts
Any chance that a fob is in your pocket and the close button is getting pressed by something while you lean?

It is a finicky feet-ure. I've walked by mine and the hatch opened. Other times I've really wanted to give it a swift kick in rear ;) to get it to work. Same behavior on my Range Rover.

If find a straight in-out of a shallow gesture works best right behind the mud flaps most of the time. If you don't have mud flaps, just imagine them there the next time you take aim.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I was careful with the FOB and don't think it is the issue. I have FOB issues in general as they don't work for the door buttons or rear hatch most of the time unless I am presenting the FOB to the glass. Been in more than once for it and has yet to be resolved.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I have to put my electric key on the other side of the garage when I am washing the car. The water spray will cause my hatch to open with the key in my pocket.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts