Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've seen many pictures of I-Pace's with the rear left and right emblems removed, apparently it's a simple process involving hot water and dental floss, however, I've yet to see the "JAGUAR" "word" emblem removed. Has anyone here removed it? I'm a bit concerned because I understand behind the J there's an RF sensor to "read" the active key or something like that.

(I see the banner of the forum actually shows an I-Pace without the JAGUAR, photoshop maybe?)

Any insight would be much appreciated...

·
Registered
793 Posts
Hi, I've seen many pictures of I-Pace's with the rear left and right emblems removed, apparently it's a simple process involving hot water and dental floss, however, I've yet to see the "JAGUAR" "word" emblem removed. Has anyone here removed it? I'm a bit concerned because I understand behind the J there's an RF sensor to "read" the active key or something like that.

(I see the banner of the forum actually shows an I-Pace without the JAGUAR, photoshop maybe?)

Any insight would be much appreciated...
It's the I-Pace from the Geneva motor show.

The lettering should just be the same as the other badges

I'm definitely going to do the same thing you're going to do.
I like the black Leaper too

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I'm going to try it this weekend. The "animal jaguar" in black does look awesome. Spray paint? :grin2:

·
Registered
793 Posts

I'm going to try it this weekend. The "animal jaguar" in black does look awesome. Spray paint? [img= class=inlineimg]https://www.i-paceforum.com/forum/images/I-PaceForum/smilies/tango_face_grin.png[/img]
I'm going to see if this shop can paint it properly, not that DIY plastidip

Please share how it goes for you

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright guys, I did it! Took some courage, but it's done (including the black jag) and it looks fantastic!!!! (Let me know what you think)

BTW, I did use that DIY plastidip, I think it looks great, rugged. I wonder if it'll last a couple of washes :)

Attachments

·
Registered
793 Posts
Alright guys, I did it! Took some courage, but it's done (including the black jag) and it looks fantastic!!!! (Let me know what you think)

BTW, I did use that DIY plastidip, I think it looks great, rugged. I wonder if it'll last a couple of washes :)
Looks fantastic. Is it matte or gloss black?

I removed the other badges, but when I look closely I can see the paint lightly indented with the letters
Did you notice that?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks fantastic. Is it matte or gloss black?

I removed the other badges, but when I look closely I can see the paint lightly indented with the letters
Did you notice that?
It's matte black.

I've watched some videos where you can see some sort of ghostly shadow left by the letters but they all seemed to be able to buff it out with some polish.

Maybe because my car is brand new (hasn't had time to bake in the sun) or maybe because of the white color, I can't see any such residue, as far as I can tell it looks perfect. Here's one of the sample videos I saw that the guy did a bit of polishing at the end:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Having the leaper and JAGUAR painted gloss black that matches the trim on the rear bumper. Pictures will be posted of the whole process.
It’s a great look that clean up the back of the cat.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Anyone know if it's possible to debadge the 'Jaguar' emblem on the lower door trim panels or HSE just behind the front wheels? Those appear to be 'baked in' to those parts of the car. Entertaining the idea of going "Growler & Leaper Only"... have never really liked the 'Jaguar' emblazoned on the doors... this is the only vehicle of JLR with their name on the side of the car.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Anyone know if it's possible to debadge the 'Jaguar' emblem on the lower door trim panels or HSE just behind the front wheels? Those appear to be 'baked in' to those parts of the car. Entertaining the idea of going "Growler & Leaper Only"... have never really liked the 'Jaguar' emblazoned on the doors... this is the only vehicle of JLR with their name on the side of the car.
I'm 100% with you, I looked into removing them and they do seem quite baked in, I didn't dare >:) Would love to hear if someone has tried it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Use a hair dryer to warm up the glue, use dental floss to cut through the adhesive backing - dead easy.

Once they're off, use WD40 to soften the residue & use your fingernail to work the WD40 in & use a clean, soft cloth to get everything off.

A quick wipe with white spirits or methylated spirits will leave a thoroughly clean finish.

If you can see a 'ghost' of where the badging was, you may need a very fine polish to even out the clear coat.

Done it more than a few times...

:smile2:

·
Registered
527 Posts
Use a hair dryer to warm up the glue, use dental floss to cut through the adhesive backing - dead easy.

Once they're off, use WD40 to soften the residue & use your fingernail to work the WD40 in & use a clean, soft cloth to get everything off.

A quick wipe with white spirits or methylated spirits will leave a thoroughly clean finish.

If you can see a 'ghost' of where the badging was, you may need a very fine polish to even out the clear coat.

Done it more than a few times...

:smile2:
To be clear, are you referring to the rear badging ("I-Pace" and "EV400") or the "Jaguar" on the door trim and "HSE" below/behind the front wheels... the latter are the items I'm referring to? FYI, I know that very early versions (demos in mid/late 2018) of the I-Pace used stickers for these badges, but they soon upgraded to a much better looking (and more permanent?) form that appears to be flush with the trim they are on.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm going to hold off on this for now, but please let me know if you do it and how it goes. I'll do the same.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Kept the Jaguar letter on mine, painted gloss black
Also deleted the bottom red fog lights.

The paint is extra shiny because I had it ceramic coated.

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
Looks great. Did you remove the Jaguar+Leaper, paint, then put back on? Or were they painted on the vehicle?

·
Registered
793 Posts
Looks great. Did you remove the Jaguar+Leaper, paint, then put back on? Or were they painted on the vehicle?

Thanks

Taken off, painted black gloss, put back. I was worried it wouldn't come out aligned, but I think it looks right

·
Registered
35 Posts
Looks great, removes the clutter of the other badges. I bought a new Leaper and Jaguar letters that came with a template that will make the installation easier. Parts to be painted next week. Pictures to follow.
jaguarparts.com
Ornament - Jaguar (T4K2031)

·
Registered
793 Posts
Looks great, removes the clutter of the other badges. I bought a new Leaper and Jaguar letters that came with a template that will make the installation easier. Parts to be painted next week. Pictures to follow.
jaguarparts.com
Ornament - Jaguar (T4K2031)

Great idea. Looking forward to seeing it

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Kept the Jaguar letter on mine, painted gloss black
Also deleted the bottom red fog lights.

The paint is extra shiny because I had it ceramic coated.
Looks fantastic! Great idea on the bottom red fog lights. I've ordered some smoke tint wrap for the taillights, I'll put that on the fog lights as well, see how it comes out ... waiting a couple of weeks for delivery :crying:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts