Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone shaved the rear badges on the left and right sides of the lift gate? Are there mounting holes or just adhesive? The Jaguar emblem doesn't bother me, but I've yet to see a car that DOESN'T look better shaved!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's an example, brought to you by Photoshop:

Before:

After:

·
Registered
968 Posts
Looks so much better shaved. A few of us have done it

Reactions: Deutsch100

·
Super Moderator
2,355 Posts
Here's the previous thread on this. Since the change of the forum platform the searches of old threads don't seem to work very well, so I looked for it manually:

·
Registered
68 Posts
No issues removing the I-Pace and EV400 badges, but the Leaper had a small dimple underneath it, so I doubt anyone will completely debadge.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I love the black Jaguar and leaper.

Can you share where you got those or were yours painted?

I see them on E-Bay but your post said there is a dimple under the leaper. Would the dimple cause a problem in removing it, to replace with a black version?

Thanks.

Roger
No issues removing the I-Pace and EV400 badges, but the Leaper had a small dimple underneath it, so I doubt anyone will completely debadge.

View attachment 3780

·
Registered
68 Posts
It was an OEM part (T4K2031) that was silver and painted gloss black, then applied. The kit comes with the template for proper installation. Rumors are that Jaguar will offer a black logo option for 2021, but who knows.

The dimple doesn't hinder anything, just would look strange if you removed all the badges.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have removed the Jaguar letters. The car was brand new when I did it. Slowly pull with finger nails. This may not work as easily as a car that has had a lot of sunlight hitting the letters.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Took delivery of our 18-month old demo yesterday and was still able to remove the badges with my fingernails! A little clean-up of the residue and I was done in five minutes!

I'm leaving the Jaguar letters for now as I see there's an activity bracelet accessory that will unlock the car when held near the "J" on the rear hatch. I assume the actual sensor is mounted behind the panel, but I'm in no rush to remove them.

Has anyone applied vinyl wrap over the leaper?

·
Registered
968 Posts
Took delivery of our 18-month old demo yesterday and was still able to remove the badges with my fingernails! A little clean-up of the residue and I was done in five minutes!

I'm leaving the Jaguar letters for now as I see there's an activity bracelet accessory that will unlock the car when held near the "J" on the rear hatch. I assume the actual sensor is mounted behind the panel, but I'm in no rush to remove them.

Has anyone applied vinyl wrap over the leaper?
Vinyl has been done and it's supposed to be better than paint

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yep, vinyl works pretty well for less than an hours work, eh?

·
Registered
968 Posts
Yep, vinyl works pretty well for less than an hours work, eh? View attachment 3797
Look perfect.
I was just thinking that viny will probably look more consistent than paint, smoother, less bumbpy

You had it done by a pro?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Reactions: PS702

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was so pleased with how the rear lift gate turned out I thought I’d give the front grill a try....

Reactions: PS702

·
Registered
109 Posts
I think the large matt black finished rear number plate panel is a bit drab.

Has any one gloss coated the rear number plate panel in either body color or a gloss black?

Pictures please?

Cheers, Steve

·
Registered
968 Posts
I think the large matt black finished rear number plate panel is a bit drab.

Has any one gloss coated the rear number plate panel in either body color or a gloss black?

Pictures please?

Cheers, Steve
Ive heard of people painting it but I haven't seen pictures of it

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hmmm, let me see how much vinyl I have left....

Reactions: lobster and PS702
1 - 20 of 63 Posts