Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2019 Ipace....only drive 20 miles per day. Now at 6000 miles. However, after charging starting this week...the %age charged is now corresponding with 20-25% more range. Has to be a malfunction???for example, 63% now corresponds to 176 miles of range. A week ago, 63% would represent appx 126miles.

·
Registered
692 Posts
There are a few reasons your range prediction could rise dramatically including warmer temperatures, efficient driving, new software updates, less use of climate control during the most recent driving. I certainly wouldn't be alarmed.

To determine your range you can download WattCat that provides the actual kWh in the battery or use the simpler, yet accurate, method of dividing the number of miles traveled by the amount of decline in the SoC and multiply by 100. For example, if you traveled 140 miles and used 70% of the battery, you managed 2 miles for every 1% of the charge for a range of 200 miles. I reset one of the trip odometers every time I charge the car which makes tracking my range very easy.

·
Registered
594 Posts
126 seems low (200 @ 100%) and 176 (280 @ 100%) seems high. At 20 miles per day you may not be getting many highway miles so the estimate is just for low speed stop and go. So while the 280 might be possible on your regular commute... don't expect that if you get on the interstate at 70+ mph.

I don't think your actual range has changed much, just the estimate which is based on your routine driving.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for the replies. It has been 100 or above every day since this has been happening. Of course, the climate control has been working harder as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts