Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2020 I-Pase HSE in Fuji White
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my car for about two months. When I first took possession there was some buggy behavior with little things so I brought the car in for serving. At the time the range shown in the guess O meter was around 212. After getting a slew of updates the car was achieving 230-244 on the gom. I was pretty ecstatic. Yesterday I called the dealer because I was still on tcu 16.4. I guess the forgot to update this. The dealer pushed out 19.2 ota at my request and I was successful able to get the update. Now my guess O meter is showing 202 fully charged. 206 in eco. Lately mileage goes up slightly in Dynamic for some reason. I did notice in the journeys app that some of my trip from yesterday was not logged. I think this had something to do with the update. I did drive the car hard up and down mountain we live on before update. Once I got the update I installed it at house. Car was not charged until later that night and this morning I'm showing a much lower range. Did 19.2 change the buffering on the battery? It was about 18 degrees last night but it's been cold at night and still getting decent range. What gives?

·
Registered
70 Posts
I live on the East Coast and we are having a cold snap. My range is being reduced by >25%. My normal range is about 201 miles from a full charge (or 50miles per 25% used). In the cold weather I get about ~31miles per 25% usage. I'm not worried about it because I just top it off at home more often and leave the house with a full charge.

·
Administrator
2,851 Posts
Ignore your lower GoM estimate and keep driving like it you stole it :D (in which case yes, your range is decreased)

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
1,522 Posts
Did 19.2 change the buffering on the battery? It was about 18 degrees last night but it's been cold at night and still getting decent range. What gives?
TCU update doesn't do anything with the battery utilization. It is an update for the telecommunications control unit.

It is just a coincidence of climatic conditions, battery temperature, etc. Mine is guess rather wildly lately too. It is expected with temps varying from 60F one day to 8F a couple of days later.
I can leave home with a fully charged and preconditioned cabin/battery and watch the GOM dropped drastically as the battery cools off. That big expanse of aluminum/aluminium under the car is a big chiller when it gets cool outside.

·
Registered
34 Posts
TCU update doesn't do anything with the battery utilization. It is an update for the telecommunications control unit.

It is just a coincidence of climatic conditions, battery temperature, etc. Mine is guess rather wildly lately too. It is expected with temps varying from 60F one day to 8F a couple of days later.
I can leave home with a fully charged and preconditioned cabin/battery and watch the GOM dropped drastically as the battery cools off. That big expanse of aluminum/aluminium under the car is a big chiller when it gets cool outside.
My battery version is blank. Does this matter? Any reason to get an "upgrade?" Not having any issues; range about 220 in warm San Diego. Charges at around 14m/h.

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
1,522 Posts
Stability improvements for communication to the Jaguar servers, WIFI, etc. JLR is reporting the number of vehicles updated to NHTSA so they'd probably appreciate getting the TCU update into your car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts