Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I got my 2019 about 4 weeks back. Everytime I got it charged I'd see a 280 mi range on ECO mode. I was out for a week and took the vehicle out this morning (full charge) and it said there about 232 mi range. Temperature here in DC has also dropped to 40's this week.

I'm puzzled as to why that would happen? Any suggestions on what I should do ?

Thanks!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Remain calm and drive on. What you're seeing is normal. The range is an estimate based on your prior driving habits. It is often referred to as the GoM (Guess-o-Meter). For example, if you drive around the city at 40 MPH you'll get a much higher range estimate on the GoM at 100% SoC than you will if you expended most of your available energy at 90 MPH on the highway. You'll get used to it.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I'm also getting used to this. Haven't done any long trips - max 30km or so back and forth to work. After commuting today my SOC says 30%. The GoM says I have 80km of range left which seems low. That would mean a max range of 266km / or 165 miles doing mainly city streets.

The Icontrol software say I used 22.4 kWH/100km or 36 kWh / 100miles for the most recent trip which sounds about average given the temp.

Cold here in Oakville this past week - between minus 6 and 4 celsius. Can't say I have been driving aggressive - I've getting 5 bars in the feedback screens. I'm assuming the GoM is just off.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Gtquan, you are just too close to Toronto. That unseen force that sucks the life out of you also seems to suck the energy from your battery as well. :)

·
Registered
172 Posts
Gtquan, you are just too close to Toronto. That unseen force that sucks the life out of you also seems to suck the energy from your battery as well. :)
Yeah - that's about right. I figured I'd get a nice car if I'm having to deal with the QEW east into TO most days.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've had an I-Pace for a few months now and noticed the range was 325km instead of over 400km as it should be (I had a loaner recently and it was reading 425km) - I'm in Norway. Thought it may be down to my driving style, but I took it easy and no change. Then, 2 weeks ago, a colleague said he'd had the same problem, it was a software issue, and he'd had it fixed. Check to see if the range changes when you switch between normal and economy modes. It should, but mine doesn't and neither did his before he got the software fix.
So....I took it to the dealer this week to get this and the re-gen braking recall problem fixed, but they couldn't fix the range. They told me they had an update on one PC, but they couldn't load it to the car as it had got corrupted (something along those lines). They are now waiting on Jaguar to send them another patch, but - and this may be the underlying problem - he told me they probably needed many dealers to report the same issue before they'd get the fix they needed. They'd had 4 cars in the same day with same issue!
Reading other threads, I'm starting to suspect that Jaguar do not have sufficient resources to provide the support needed, and that their dealers are struggling with not having enough knowledge yet on this new technology to problem solve effectively - again with a lack of support from head office.
Not good selling a car with a quoted range much longer than it delivers. The dealer told me the low range was real, so don't push it - it's something to do with not using the whole of the battery capacity.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts